The Shire.....
Jay Offline
Looks fab Danny, you must be really proud!!
West of Scotland
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
(11-06-2020, 12:06 PM)Jay Wrote: Looks fab Danny, you must be really proud!!
Thanks Jay I'm please that I'm getting SOME produce this year.

Looking forward to next year as we speak I'm cutting pallet lengths with my chop-saw, Stella and Mrs B are hidingSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Looking fab Danny you should be very pleased and proud of yourself. What is the grams you have over the strawberries? Looks like a plastic pipe is it a special kit ?
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.

Broadway Offline
(11-06-2020, 06:02 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Looking fab Danny you should be very pleased and proud of yourself. What is the grams you have over the strawberries? Looks like a plastic pipe is it a special kit ?
Thanks CTM

The cage over the strawberries is made up of years old blowaway stagings and chicken wire bound together with cable ties.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Vinny

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Demonstration for Danny on how to insert pictures into text.

This shows chosen file, then you select add attachment

This shows to move your cursor into the body of the text preparing to insert the photo

This shows where the attachment is inserted in the body txt

This shows if you are adding extra photos you must click update attachment

This photo is really stage 3 above, once you select where you want to place the picture you select insert into post

I hope this is of some help
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie

Broadway Offline
(11-06-2020, 06:40 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Demonstration for Danny on how to insert pictures into text.

This shows chosen file, then you select add attachment

This shows to move your cursor into the body of the text preparing to insert the photo

This shows where the attachment is inserted in the body txt

This shows if you are adding extra photos you must click update attachment

This photo is really stage 3 above, once you select where you want to place the picture you select insert into post

I hope this is of some help
Morning CTM

Thank you, tested successfully Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Broadway Offline
Picked up some pallet collars last night, well pleased with them. Will treat them first then in they goSmile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

• Can the Man

Broadway Offline
Hello Folks

I appreciate we are only ½ way through the year but I wondered if people could review my plans for next year with a view of pointing out any glaring errors! In essence these will all be new beds.

I appreciate not everyone likes the raised bed approach but that’s what I’m going with, the beds are mainly pallet collars. These are fairly small but I believe this will make it more manageable for me.

As you will see I plan to plant leeks and parsnips after the potatoes but have also earmarked spare beds in case there is a timing issue. I have also indicated some other follow-on crops, hope I’ve got these right?

You will also notice a lack of salad items, these will be mainly grown at home but I will fit some in at the plot as well.

The plot does have a greenhouse however the glass is removed at the moment, I don’t really want to fit it myself as I’m on warfarin therefore a bit paranoid about getting cut, I will try and rope a mate in.

Lastly there is room to grow more therefore I’ll also be looking at additional fruit crops.

Many thanks inadvance for any advice you may have?

[-] The following 4 users Like Broadway's post:
  • doublyjonah, Mikey, Veggie, Vinny

doublyjonah Offline
So organized, Danny! You know I'm no expert, but I was advised to sow my parsnips pretty early, so don't know that they'd work after potatoes. But they do grow slowly, so you could grow something fast in with them.

Broadway Offline
(16-07-2020, 04:26 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: So organized, Danny! You know I'm no expert, but I was advised to sow my parsnips pretty early, so don't know that they'd work after potatoes. But they do grow slowly, so you could grow something fast in with them.
Organised on a spreadsheet DJ, need to put it into action nowSmile

Thanks for the advice re parsnipsSmile
  • Vinny