The Shire.....
Broadway Offline
Took the plot in June 2019, I believe it had been empty for 3 years - These are private plots and someone has kindly let me use one that used to belong to their dad. The only downside is I suppose they could kick me out anytime, it’s a risk I'm prepared to take however it does limit my spending on the likes of a new shed, PT, etc....

Pictures to follow........

Taking stock......

A little progress.....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 9 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, doublyjonah, Jay, Mamzie, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Keep going Danny your making progress. I do see your concern if you get the plot up and running and well maintained then the risk of them taking it back is always there.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.

JJB Offline
Moonraker
And we gardeners do this for fun! You're getting along there, look forward to seeing it as it progresses. Thanks Broadway.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

doublyjonah Offline
Lots of progress, Danny. We were lucky that ours had been maintained until the year before we took it. I can't remember. Did you grow anything on it last year?
[-] The following 1 user Likes doublyjonah's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
(23-05-2020, 11:47 AM)doublyjonah Wrote: Lots of progress, Danny. We were lucky that ours had been maintained until the year before we took it. I can't remember. Did you grow anything on it last year?
Hi DJ

No nothing last year, the rain sort of came and washed us out, the allotment floods a lot and the street did as well last year!

Will pop some pictures in later of this years raised beds.
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

Broadway Offline
Some more pictures taken today. Really pleased with the potatoes as they looked dead after the frost a fortnight ago.

I'm not sure how I can paste photos between text, mine seem to all be loaded at the bottom???

[-] The following 5 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, doublyjonah, Mamzie, Mikey, Vinny

doublyjonah Offline
(23-05-2020, 04:46 PM)Broadway Wrote: Some more pictures taken today. Really pleased with the potatoes as they looked dead after the frost a fortnight ago.

I'm not sure how I can paste photos between text, mine seem to all be loaded at the bottom???
When I uploaded photos, I think two button appeared to the right of each uploaded photo. One of them was to insert the photo in the text.

The beds look great. I've been resisting raised beds because I don't think they're right for my gardening <ahem> style, but I do admire others'.
[-] The following 2 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

Mikey Offline
I use raised beds mainly because you don’t waste time weeding the edges. Once lifted off the ground it’s got a little more frost protection too.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
Brief update……

Popped over this morning and planted most of the climbing beans, obviously using the GH frame for support!

Also, a couple of pics of the RB's....

[-] The following 4 users Like Broadway's post:
  • doublyjonah, Jay, PyreneesPlot, Vinny

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Looking really good! And so envious of your broadies - mine are bean and gone and in the freezer (and our bellies) already! Smile
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Jay