Garden And Gossip Forums
The Shire..... - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: My Garden Diary (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+--- Forum: Where it all began (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=62)
+--- Thread: The Shire..... (/showthread.php?tid=94)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

The Shire..... - Broadway - 23-05-2020

Took the plot in June 2019, I believe it had been empty for 3 years - These are private plots and someone has kindly let me use one that used to belong to their dad. The only downside is I suppose they could kick me out anytime, it’s a risk I'm prepared to take however it does limit my spending on the likes of a new shed, PT, etc....

Pictures to follow........

Taking stock......

A little progress.....

RE: The Shire..... - Can the Man - 23-05-2020

Keep going Danny your making progress. I do see your concern if you get the plot up and running and well maintained then the risk of them taking it back is always there.

RE: The Shire..... - JJB - 23-05-2020

And we gardeners do this for fun! You're getting along there, look forward to seeing it as it progresses. Thanks Broadway.

RE: The Shire..... - doublyjonah - 23-05-2020

Lots of progress, Danny. We were lucky that ours had been maintained until the year before we took it. I can't remember. Did you grow anything on it last year?

RE: The Shire..... - Broadway - 23-05-2020

(23-05-2020, 11:47 AM)doublyjonah Wrote: Lots of progress, Danny. We were lucky that ours had been maintained until the year before we took it. I can't remember. Did you grow anything on it last year?
Hi DJ

No nothing last year, the rain sort of came and washed us out, the allotment floods a lot and the street did as well last year!

Will pop some pictures in later of this years raised beds.

RE: The Shire..... - Broadway - 23-05-2020

Some more pictures taken today. Really pleased with the potatoes as they looked dead after the frost a fortnight ago.

I'm not sure how I can paste photos between text, mine seem to all be loaded at the bottom???

RE: The Shire..... - doublyjonah - 23-05-2020

(23-05-2020, 04:46 PM)Broadway Wrote: Some more pictures taken today. Really pleased with the potatoes as they looked dead after the frost a fortnight ago.

I'm not sure how I can paste photos between text, mine seem to all be loaded at the bottom???
When I uploaded photos, I think two button appeared to the right of each uploaded photo. One of them was to insert the photo in the text.

The beds look great. I've been resisting raised beds because I don't think they're right for my gardening <ahem> style, but I do admire others'.

RE: The Shire..... - Mikey - 23-05-2020

I use raised beds mainly because you don’t waste time weeding the edges. Once lifted off the ground it’s got a little more frost protection too.

RE: The Shire..... - Broadway - 11-06-2020

Brief update……

Popped over this morning and planted most of the climbing beans, obviously using the GH frame for support!

Also, a couple of pics of the RB's....

RE: The Shire..... - PyreneesPlot - 11-06-2020

Looking really good! And so envious of your broadies - mine are bean and gone and in the freezer (and our bellies) already! Smile