The Shire.....
Broadway Offline
(05-08-2021, 09:17 AM)JJB Wrote: Looks a brilliant idea Danny.
Thanks Jen

I'd like to take credit for the legs supporting the netting but it wasn't my ideaSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Broadway Offline
Thought I'd add a quick update.....

Took advantage of all the leaves and put a mulch on the fruit beds

The garlic planted a few weeks ago has started to appear

I've been throwing some of the spent foliage in the planters, will then fill with a combination of leaves, spent compost, and manure, should hopefully be okay to plant in next year

Lastly, a few pics of the annual and perennial kales/brassica, my asparagus grown from seed, and some rhubarb planted earlier this year

[-] The following 6 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Bren, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Broadway Offline
I moved two of the planters to their position for this year.

The idea is to use them for carrots, parsnips, and salsify with FCBs in one around the edges.

Not sure of the three which to grow between the beans?

[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Jay, Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Are FCBs climbing French beans? Just checking! If so, why don't you grow them on the short ends of the planters? Create an arch over the path between the planters so that you can pick the beans from the path?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Scarlet

Broadway Offline
(07-03-2022, 11:15 AM)Veggie Wrote: Are FCBs climbing French beans? Just checking! If so, why don't you grow them on the short ends of the planters? Create an arch over the path between the planters so that you can pick the beans from the path?
yupSmileSmileSmile

That's not a bad idea will see what crap, sorry bits I have scattered aroundSmile
  • Jay, JJB, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I did as VC has advised. I added arches over the path. Used small climbing squash up some as well as some for beans.

Old photo...with my old dog Bob.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Broadway, Jay, JJB, Veggie

Broadway Offline
(07-03-2022, 12:09 PM)Scarlet Wrote: I did as VC has advised. I added arches over the path. Used small climbing squash up some as well as some for beans.

Old photo...with my old dog Bob.
Bob was on guardSmile

I've a plastic GH frame that I'm planning growing the squash over this yearSmile
  • Jay, JJB, Scarlet

Broadway Offline
Quick update...

Really disappointed with this year, partly due to health, partly due to motivation!

I have an op on 23rd so hopefully post that I can feel better and get off my **** a bit more☺

I'm already planning bits for this and next year so I certainly haven't lost the bug!
[-] The following 4 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Bren, Mark_Riga, Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Chin up Danny, you're talking to someone who has only picked 14 beans in 2022.Big Grin
Apart from the courgettes, I've had a poor year but, I have a plan for 2023 and, as soon as we have some rain, I'll start preparations. Every year is different, some good some bad. Once you're over your op, it'll be time to think about next year - and, I promise you, its going to be a good one. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Scarlet, Vinny

Broadway Offline
(12-08-2022, 05:39 PM)Veggie Wrote: Chin up Danny, you're talking to someone who has only picked 14 beans in 2022.Big Grin
Apart from the courgettes, I've had a poor year but, I have a plan for 2023 and, as soon as we have some rain, I'll start preparations. Every year is different, some good some bad. Once you're over your op, it'll be time to think about next year - and, I promise you, its going to be a good one. Big Grin
Thank you for being an inspiration VeggieSmile
  • Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny