Storing Beets?
Bren Offline
(20-09-2020, 08:09 AM)Broadway Wrote:
(19-09-2020, 09:01 PM)Mikey Wrote: They pickle well Danny?, I tend to eat beets in sandwiches so don’t mind if they are simply boiled or pickled.
Thanks Mikey

Will try and pickle a few although Mrs hates pickled beetrootsSmile

Danny how about a beetroot and apple chutney instead I can't fine the recipe link I must have deleted it when I stopped growing beets.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Mikey

Broadway Offline
(21-09-2020, 08:29 AM)Bren Wrote:
(20-09-2020, 08:09 AM)Broadway Wrote:
(19-09-2020, 09:01 PM)Mikey Wrote: They pickle well Danny?, I tend to eat beets in sandwiches so don’t mind if they are simply boiled or pickled.
Thanks Mikey

Will try and pickle a few although Mrs hates pickled beetrootsSmile

Danny how about a beetroot and apple chutney instead I can't fine the recipe link I must have deleted it when I stopped growing beets.
Sounds nice Bren, will look for a recipeSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile

Mikey Offline
If you find one Danny, post it here, as I have a glut of apples. Smile
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.

Broadway Offline
(21-09-2020, 10:13 AM)Mikey Wrote: If you find one Danny, post it here, as I have a glut of apples. Smile
Here you go Mikey

https://www.freefromfarmhouse.co.uk/reci...t-chutney/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Mikey

Broadway Offline
(19-09-2020, 09:11 PM)Veggie Wrote: I didn't even know freezing beetroot was something you could do!
Never have any to spare as I usually pull just a few at a time to eat fresh and do a few jars of pickled beets just because I can.Smile
Sorry Veggie I thought I'd replied to this. I'm assuming you can freeze them as we used you buy them frozen to go in health drinks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man