2023 - Tonight's recipe
JJB Offline
Moonraker
(14-07-2023, 09:25 AM)Vinny Wrote: Made a carnivore sauce last night. A block of butter, a tub of soft cheese and a cupfull of beef stock all mixed together and heated in a pan with added salt and pepper then filled a small bowl. This can be used on any meat I eat and I tried it out on Venison Grillsteaks last night! Well impressed. Smile

Sounds  like Calorie/Cholesterol Corner too  Smile.  Whilst I can understand why you like this eating regime Vinny, what is it you're trying to achieve? Don't you miss the veg?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(14-07-2023, 09:34 AM)JJB Wrote:
(14-07-2023, 09:25 AM)Vinny Wrote: Made a carnivore sauce last night. A block of butter, a tub of soft cheese and a cupfull of beef stock all mixed together and heated in a pan with added salt and pepper then filled a small bowl. This can be used on any meat I eat and I tried it out on Venison Grillsteaks last night! Well impressed. Smile

Sounds  like Calorie/Cholesterol Corner too  Smile.  Whilst I can understand why you like this eating regime Vinny, what is it you're trying to achieve? Don't you miss the veg?
Initially for weight loss but I feel a lot better and I have just had my bloods done which have shown a marked improvement. I am no longer pre-diabetic and can manage 50 press ups a day easily! Apart from that I love eating meat products and don't miss veg at all. I understand it's not for everyone but carnivore  suits my lifestyle.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm making Carrot Lox - a vegan version of smoked salmon using carrots. Big Grin
Lots of recipes on the net and I don't have all the right ingredients for any of them so my version is........
Thinly sliced carrots, lightly cooked, sitting in a marinade of:-
Smoked paprika, Rice vinegar, Toasted Sesame Oil, (all from my free Gousto collection), Mixed seaweed flakes and Himalayan pink salt.

I'll let you know in a couple of hours what it tastes like and the extra good news is - all the ingredients were FREE so, if its awful, it doesn't matter. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Bacon & eggs for brekkie. Mid afternoon and  because it's fishy Friday I had Yellow Sticker Sea Bream. I was still not full so made myself lambs liver with onions soon after.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

Bren Offline
Ham, eggs and chips for us this evening.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Veggie

Vinny Offline
I went fishing today and took cooked sausage and cooked belly pork for my bait, to eat. I had hoped to catch a fish but didn't, so have just had a ribeye steak with my special butter and cheese sauce.
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Veggie

Knotty Offline
We had cod, smoked haddock, salmon and prawn chowder mopped up with chunky bread, yum.
Greetings from Dorset
I am always happy in the garden
[-] The following 3 users Like Knotty's post:
  • Bren, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
B. Peaches, granola & yogurt
L. Lettuce, grated cheese and grated carrot, beetroot, and mayo with a few slices of carrot lox (tasty but the only similarity with salmon is the colour. I'll leave the sesame oil out next time as it was a bit overwhelming).
D. Stirfried mangetout, CFB/DFBs, carrot and tinned sardines. Enough left for tomorrow.
Flat brandy snaps!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Vinny

Bren Offline
Our usual Saturday tagliatelle and Bol.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
The usual chilli & rice. A very big batch of venison and veg chilli. So definitely having it tomorrow as well.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny