2023 - Tonight's recipe
Bren Offline
Chips with pasties and beans.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
A rerun of last night’s roast without Yorkshire puddings.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
B. S/D bread & Plum jam
L. Cheese bloomer (makes me laugh) with gorgonzola & coleslaw
D. Savoury rice and Popcorn Prawns.
Totally FREE day. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • PyreneesPlot

SarrissUK Offline
Leftover roast beef with mash, peas, kale and gravy. I forgot to dig up some Jerusalem artichokes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
We're asparagus glutting at the moment, so last night a heap of it with a herb (dill, parsley, coriander) & lime rice salad with a handfull of left-over chicken.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Oh for an asparagus glut, I wish. It's not going to happen, with only two surviving plants one of which is decidedly dodgy Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Somehow when the wild boar got into the garden last week they 'only' rooted up a new seed bed and left the asparagus bed half a metre away alone! Phew Smile
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Orange sticker (30% reduced) salmon from Aldi, poached in coconut milk, ginger & with a bit of basil.Eaten with a flavoured rice of some descriprtion! Rolleyes

Note:- Good job I got my receipt at Aldi as the two items I got 30% reduced, weren't reduced at the till! Sick Of course I took them back and got the reduction as if I had wanted to pay full price I would have bought stuff with a longer shelf life! I will be vigilant in the future as well, so will always get my till receipt! Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Knotty, Veggie

Knotty Offline
(11-04-2023, 02:09 PM)Vinny Wrote: Orange sticker (30% reduced) salmon from Aldi, poached in coconut milk, ginger & with a bit of basil.Eaten with a flavoured rice of some descriprtion! Rolleyes

Note:- Good job I got my receipt at Aldi as the two items I got 30% reduced, weren't reduced at the till! Sick Of course I took them back and got the reduction as if I had wanted to pay full price I would have bought stuff with a longer shelf life! I will be vigilant in the future as well, so will always get my till receipt! Smile

Yes we've had that happen to us, always pays to check receipt  Angry
Greetings from Dorset
I am always happy in the garden
[-] The following 3 users Like Knotty's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(11-04-2023, 02:09 PM)Vinny Wrote: Orange sticker (30% reduced) salmon from Aldi, poached in coconut milk, ginger & with a bit of basil.Eaten with a flavoured rice of some descriprtion! Rolleyes

One of the stores, Asda I think, used to double the money that they'd overcharged you to acknowledge their error. I used to check my receipt assiduously in the hope of finding an error - and I often did. Big Grin
 Haven't been to Asda for a couple of years - maybe I should.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Vinny