2022 - What's made you happy today
Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
(22-03-2022, 01:40 PM)JJB Wrote: You could do surgery on fruit, i.e making a fruit salad.  Smile  Ssorry Pros don't mean to demean your excellent dedication to learning. Couldn't contemplate courses/presentations/learning  these days, sudoku's more my limit Big Grin

The learning isn't my choice! I have a load of mandated courses that I have to complete during training, but they are very competitive to get on so you have to jump at any course you can attend, even if it falls on a day off.

However, I think people have been known to practice surgical skills on an orange, so maybe that's the way to go!
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 2 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
My friend, who is a GP, always tells the story of practicing on belly pork
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 4 users Like Admin's post:
  • Norfolk Grey, Proserpina, SarrissUK, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I was happy today because it was opening day on the trout waters I fish! Cool Had a pleasant day with my youngest son at the waters edge. He got a fish, I got a fish, we both got sun burned and had an enjoyable day, what more could you ask for! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 6 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Norfolk Grey, PyreneesPlot, SarrissUK, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Just another lovely day and the depression is back in its box again after a wobbly few months. Booked flights back to the UK to see family, Covid willing, in May.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 6 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, Farendwoman, Norfolk Grey, Proserpina, Scarlet, Veggie

Bren Offline
Sunshine, seeds popping their heads up, buying a new with tags Weird fish jumper from the charity shop.
[-] The following 7 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, Farendwoman, Norfolk Grey, Proserpina, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
Staffing is good enough at work that my bosses have agreed I can take today as a lieu day for yesterday. I didn't sleep well last night, but still quite keen to see what I can get done today. I should probably do some work, but I think I really need an actual day off, so that's what I'm going to do!
[-] The following 5 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, JJB, Norfolk Grey, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I passed the Royal College of Physicians consultant's exam that I sat a month ago. I was sure that I would have failed and paid £665 only to have to sit it again next year. It doesn't make me a consultant as I still have at least 2.5 years more training to go first, but it means I shouldn't ever have to sit another professional exam. (Don't worry, we are still reassessed for competence every year!)
[-] The following 10 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Jay, Mark_Riga, Norfolk Grey, PyreneesPlot, SarrissUK, Scarlet, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Put a small pot of narcissus Hawera on the table. The scent is exquisite and making me very happy.
[-] The following 5 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Broadway, Norfolk Grey, Proserpina, Scarlet, Veggie

Broadway Offline
(23-03-2022, 01:43 PM)Proserpina Wrote: I passed the Royal College of Physicians consultant's exam that I sat a month ago. I was sure that I would have failed and paid £665 only to have to sit it again next year. It doesn't make me a consultant as I still have at least 2.5 years more training to go first, but it means I shouldn't ever have to sit another professional exam. (Don't worry, we are still reassessed for competence every year!)
Congrats ProsSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Jay, Norfolk Grey, Proserpina, Veggie

Norfolk Grey Offline
Pest Controller
Hubby took a delivery and had to do techy voice thing for his name and it turned him into Santa's Apprentice. Delivery drivered okayed it as well. I am married to Santa's Apprentice Smile Smile Smile
1 seed, 2 seed, 3 seed, 4....
5 seed, 6 seed, 7 seed, more!
[-] The following 6 users Like Norfolk Grey's post:
  • Farendwoman, Jay, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Veggie