Scarlets Cut Flower Patch 2022/23/24
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
May 20th

The inside ranunculus are coming to an end - the outside ones are ok - but nothing like the big blooms Im getting from undercover growing. The anemones haven't picked up - maybe i need to buy more corms now - when i checked one, just the top had rotted.

Vabascum have been amazing, so have the aquilegia - super tall. The sweet rocket is just starting to donits thing.
I've a few if SCs lupins - they have thrown up some lovely stems - just wish I had more space for lots of perennial plants. I do have some echinops and eryngium to put in - not sure where?! 
Im hoping I can dig 150 dahlias in this weekend. Wish me luck!

Some flowers picked today...I have a fairly consistent colour palette - pinks/purples with the occasional splash of orange, so most flowers go well together in a bunch.        
[-] The following 6 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, doublyjonah, Farendwoman, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
Love those ranunculus! Beautiful palette and variety
[-] The following 1 user Likes doublyjonah's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(20-05-2023, 01:28 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: Love those ranunculus! Beautiful palette and variety
Thank you DJ. I really love growing them. I wish I had some more under cover growing
space to grow more!

Farendwoman Offline
Yes / love them!
Quick question Scarlet …. Your Saponaria in the seed circle…. Are they the annual white ones or the perennial pale pink “bouncing bet”?
Don’t want to plant perennials in my small annual patch!
If perennial they’ll be going in a different border.
Thanks
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Annual white ones

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(21-05-2023, 03:15 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: Yes / love them!
Quick question Scarlet …. Your Saponaria in the seed circle…. Are they the annual white ones or the perennial pale pink “bouncing bet”?
Don’t want to plant perennials in my small annual patch!
If perennial they’ll be going in a different border.
Thanks
These ones - https://www.wholesale.molesseeds.co.uk/s...ite-sap20/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Oooh! Lovely.
Thank you

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(09-05-2023, 10:25 AM)Scarlet Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 09:25 AM)JJB Wrote: I'm going to try verbascum next year, I'm all for any easy flowers.
I put some seeds in the seed swap last Autumn... sprinkle them in a seed tray now. They may still flower late summer, if not they will have bulked up for  Spring.

Your verbascum seeds have popped, Scarlet, thanks, now I'll try not to kill them.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Anlittle update on my flower plot - lots of flowers to cut. The 3 main dahlia beds are planted up. Approx 156 dahlia...I took around 100 cuttings that actually worked. Ive done another smaller row (30 plants) and half done another. I have struggled with the heat - so things have been slow going.

A couple of bunches

Clary sage - I also grew some large poppy heads and "hens and chicks" for seed pods. The jury is out on whether i like the "chicks" much

Ive got some really lovely colour shades on thw achillea Ive grown. Lots of lavetera - lovely focal at the moment

A view of the lefthand side of my plot. Old greenhouse
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, doublyjonah, Farendwoman, Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller

Bupleurum - another view of the LH side - further up, showing my new beds

Achillea bed - photo taken a week ago. Its all colouring up quickly now. The pink flower is a different form of achillea - love parade - i planted this between eryngium plants to use every available bit of space. I love this. Lovely shape and the colour sits well in my bunches.

Euphorbia - snow top. Hard work to grow for a single stem!...but it's gorgeous
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, doublyjonah, Farendwoman, JJB