2020/21 - What's made you happy today?
Bren Offline
My toms are starting to turn red Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga, Proserpina

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
Met up with a friend this afternoon. Other than a couple of work friends I've made along the way, it's the first time I've had a proper face-to-face chat with a friend since June 2019 due to me being out of the country, then moving to random parts of the UK, then my friends being spread around all over, and then COVID. More than two years making do with sporadic WhatsApp... Makes me sad that I've been (and probably will continue to be) so isolated, but happy that I managed a proper catch-up with a good friend today.

And, completely randomly, the person at the next table in the hospital coffee shop (because it was on work time, due to the friend also being a mentor) happened to be an old friend from sixth-form that I haven't seen in over ten years (though we had been friends for about ten years at the point I last saw her). So glad I recognised her as she didn't spot me at all! We have exchanged numbers and will hopefully have proper catch-up soon.
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 6 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, PyreneesPlot, SarrissUK, Scarlet, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Onions in a biodegradable fillet rather than a plastic one.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
Waking up quite early (for me!) and walking down the garden with a coffee in my hand, collecting the eggs from the chickens Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Admin, Bren, Proserpina, Scarlet, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Hey Sarriss, good to see you back..........that could be my happy thing todaySmile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Admin, Broadway, Proserpina, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
(28-07-2021, 09:26 AM)JJB Wrote: Hey Sarriss, good to see you back..........that could be my happy thing todaySmile

Awww thank you JJB Smile I've got moved, but bearing the scars of the most stressful house sale/house buy I've ever experienced. The house market is moving so fast here that houses have offers agreed before they even hit the open market.

We've found a gorgeous bungalow with a beautiful garden - I will post pics as soon as I can. I'm having problems with ordering broadband too, so until that gets sorted, I'm tethering off my mobile.

My happy moment today was when I was overlooking, what feels a vast expanse of grass with a pond plonked in the middle, knowing that I get to design how I want that garden to look. That's a post that I'm about to post too lol I will need your help Smile

Lovely to be back, and I hope to attend with more regularity shortly Smile
[-] The following 7 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, mcdood, Moth, Proserpina, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(29-07-2021, 10:38 PM)SarrissUK Wrote:
(28-07-2021, 09:26 AM)JJB Wrote: Hey Sarriss, good to see you back..........that could be my happy thing todaySmile

Awww thank you JJB Smile I've got moved, but bearing the scars of the most stressful house sale/house buy I've ever experienced. The house market is moving so fast here that houses have offers agreed before they even hit the open market.

We've found a gorgeous bungalow with a beautiful garden - I will post pics as soon as I can. I'm having problems with ordering broadband too, so until that gets sorted, I'm tethering off my mobile.

My happy moment today was when I was overlooking, what feels a vast expanse of grass with a pond plonked in the middle, knowing that I get to design how I want that garden to look. That's a post that I'm about to post too lol I will need your help Smile

Lovely to be back, and I hope to attend with more regularity shortly Smile
 Congratulations on your new acquisition Sarriss many happy days planning your new garden
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
The housing market is awful right now, isn't it? Well done on getting into your new home though! I had an offer accepted in May and am just hoping it all goes through okay (my vendor is buying a new build that isn't finished yet, so I'll be waiting some time yet). I would hate to have to start house hunting again now, as it really was a pretty miserable experience and I was so relieved to get the house I'm hopefully getting!
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 3 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Bob came home with a white buddleia branch for cuttings. Fingers crossed they take .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Proserpina, Scarlet

Bren Offline
My Water butts are full Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, mcdood, Veggie