Tomato Gallery
toomanytommytoes Offline
Rose Crush F1

From the same breeder as Crimson Crush, Cocktail Crush etc. A pink beefsteak purported to have excellent late blight resistance. Grown outside against a sunny wall they're produced about four to six good size, evenly shaped fruit per truss but (like most tomatoes) struggled in the heatwave. The yield in a greenhouse would probably be excellent. Very good taste for a hybrid, sweet and mildly acidic, juicy and smooth textured. You can get a packet of 10 seed for £1.09 from Premier Seeds Direct.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 5 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Broadway, Farendwoman, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
Buffalo Sun F1

Bicoloured beefsteak, a mix of orange and pink. Supposed to be blight resistant. Four decent sized fruit to a truss. As with Rose Crush F1, this plant is outside, so yield and ripening time would be much better under cover. Very meaty flesh, good texture, but a bit bland for me. Even with salt there's just mild sweetness and not much else.

[-] The following 3 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
Reinhard's Purple Sugar

A black cherry from German tomato breeder Reinhard Kraft. Huge yields of small to medium cherries on vigorous plants. Similar in colour to Black Cherry and Rosella. Excellent taste, good balance of sweet and acid with the lovely extra depth (umami?) that dark tomatoes have. With a little salt the flavour is rich, complex, almost like the flavour of red wine in cooking, with a lingering after taste. Better than Black Cherry and Rosella for me.

[-] The following 5 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Farendwoman, Garrett, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
Nagina F1

Also known as Crimson Plum F1, from the same breeder (Burpee) as Crimson Crush etc. Very good yields of 8-10 fruit per truss, average fruit weight 50-60g. Plums aren't usually the best for fresh eating but this one is quite tasty raw with good sweetness and acidity and rich tomato flavour, the only draw back is a thick skin. Supposed to be very blight resistant. So far we have harvested 7kg from 9 plants with lots more to come. A definite keeper for me in terms of yield and earliness, and if it's as blight resistant as reported then I could see this becoming the most popular plum tomato to grow. £1.09 for 10 seeds from Premier Seeds Direct.

[-] The following 3 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Golden grape producing hundreds of flowers, literally.
Nothing ripened yet so hopefully will get to try some before the dreaded blight sets in
[-] The following 4 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Pic of golden grape

[-] The following 5 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Scarlet, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Garrett Offline
Golden Grape is a funny one. It's surprisingly late for a determinate small cherry. I sowed mine back in early March and have been picking since early August. 

[-] The following 4 users Like Garrett's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(28-08-2022, 03:44 PM)Garrett Wrote: Golden Grape is a funny one. It's surprisingly late for a determinate small cherry. I sowed mine back in early March and have been picking since early August. 
Wow - they look good. what's the flavour like?
I’ve been really enjoying Galina /Galena. Really uniform fruits (as if that matters), and no splitting at all. Plus a sharp/sweet flavour I really like. Will def be growing these again. Seed circle supplied - can’t remember who provided them- but thank you!
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Pic of Galena/Galina

[-] The following 4 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
All my peace vine split before I could pick them.
I was hoping to impress my ageing hippy/green friends with them!
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie