Vinny's Allotment Plot
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Error message from Google - or G&G?

My local Morries realigned their fruit and veg counters recently. They were at right angles to the main aisles, now they moved them so they're diagonal, slanting backwards from the main aisle, or forwards from the side aisle.
I "think" this makes each counter longer but, as a user, you feel that you're backtracking all the time if you need to walk along each counter.
Sketch it out on paper as I'm not sure that you'll gain any space by slanting them, maybe lose some?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Mamzie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
A herringbone  drainage system piccie is the best I could do, but you can get the idea from this. Big Grin Cental pipe gulley will be the equivalent of my path and the beds will stop short of the boundary which has soft fruit planted along it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Mamzie, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I would close off the ends of alternate pairs to make U shaped beds, like the floor plan of a GH.

Vinny Offline
(13-01-2021, 06:02 PM)Veggie Wrote: I would close off the ends of alternate pairs to make U shaped beds, like the floor plan of a GH.
The downside of that would be that your beds would basically become twice the length and you would have a lot of walking to do to get around them? Huh
I was thinking more of a narrow path running down each side of the plot about 300mm in from the boundary allowing space for the half standard soft fruit I have growing there. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Mamzie, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Exercise is good for you. Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Mamzie

Vinny Offline
(13-01-2021, 07:22 PM)Veggie Wrote: Exercise is good for you. Tongue
In moderation! Tongue

I'm not trying to make it harder for myself, just more interesting Rolleyes
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Mamzie, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
So was I! Imagine how bored you'll be, going along those rows. bet you'll go in the same direction every visit. If you turn some into dead ends, you'll see the bed differently. Put a pot there first, to try it out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Mamzie

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
We are doing better since we pulled out the planks and collars of wood along our beds. We seem to get less slugs on the ground now. It may also be that our hedgehog family is increasing through, so we don't use slug pellets.
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 3 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(13-01-2021, 08:38 PM)Veggie Wrote: So was I! Imagine how bored you'll be, going along those rows. bet you'll go in the same direction every visit. If you turn some into dead ends, you'll see the bed differently. Put a pot there first, to try it out.
Not convinced Veggie! Tongue It will look a bit strange at first because I have raised beds to work around (until I demolish them) and some crops will not be easy to move. Anyone looking over the fence initially will think "Is this guy for real" (won't be the first time though)  Rolleyes

It will probably take a couple of seasons to complete and will look a bit disjointed until its done. I need to get some cheap white aerosols to draw it out (using a sringline of course) Do you know what one of those are veggie? Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Broadway

Broadway Offline
(14-01-2021, 05:51 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(13-01-2021, 08:38 PM)Veggie Wrote: So was I! Imagine how bored you'll be, going along those rows. bet you'll go in the same direction every visit. If you turn some into dead ends, you'll see the bed differently. Put a pot there first, to try it out.
Not convinced Veggie! Tongue It will look a bit strange at first because I have raised beds to work around (until I demolish them) and some crops will not be easy to move. Anyone looking over the fence initially will think "Is this guy for real" (won't be the first time though)  Rolleyes

It will probably take a couple of seasons to complete and will look a bit disjointed until its done. I need to get some cheap white aerosols to draw it out (using a sringline of course) Do you know what one of those are veggie? Big Grin
Don't forget those pictures along the way VinnySmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Vinny