Recommended seed suppliers
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I was adding to my previous reply to make it more comprehensive and to help you further.................you had forgotten your own question which preumably means, you didn'[t have a clue about anyone's replies. ;P
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Norfolk Grey, Small chilli, Spec

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I don't buy many seeds-
So when I do it's a treat. I won't buy from the super big boys. The last few years I've unit bought any veg seed - just what I've got or from swaps. Though I have bought a few flowers - mostly from Chilterns seeds.
Chilterns seeds are a little pricey - but that's my go to. Always good germination and I've had fab service.

I like a beans and herbs for their lovely bean selection - https://www.beansandherbs.co.uk/unusual-...bean-seed/

I won't ever buy from plants of distinction. My order from there was disappointing. I wanted autumn sowing lettuce:greens and they replaced with their choice!! So annoying. Every time I emailed - they had an excuse from illness/death/traveling abroad. I will never buy from them again!
[-] The following 5 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Norfolk Grey, Small chilli, Spec, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Chiltern Seeds have reduced some of their seeds https://www.chilternseeds.co.uk/list.php?offers=true
I'm a sucker for their Bargain basement as I love the surprise! I usually order 10 lots at a time = 100 packets of random seed. Some I'll grow, some I give away and others I hoard. Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Norfolk Grey, Scarlet, Small chilli, Spec, toomanytommytoes

Norfolk Grey Offline
Pest Controller
I forgot moreveg  Smile on the nice list
1 seed, 2 seed, 3 seed, 4....
5 seed, 6 seed, 7 seed, more!
[-] The following 4 users Like Norfolk Grey's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I was trying to find a thread I was sure I remembered, about recommended seed companies. Last year I had to buy seeds wherever I could find them in stock, bc lockdown madness, but I'm trying to be more selective this year.

My current go-tos are:

* Real Seeds (when they're open!) - I like to support ethical suppliers, and they have cool and unusual stuff
* Seedaholic (ditto) - lovely packaging and a great selection of interesting seeds
* Chiltern Seeds - as others have said, a bit expensive but a good mix of old favourites and new varieties, with great customer service
* Seeds of Italy - #nomnomnom

I was very sad when Organic Catalogue got bought out - a decade or so ago, getting (and reading) their paper catalogue was one of the highlights of winter. Now, most of the packets that turn up are Dobies brand  Sad
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Spec, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I haven't bought from these but their ethics are good:-

https://seedcooperative.org.uk/
I have bought from Pennard plants though, because they sell "odd" things that the boring mainstream retailers don't.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Eyren

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(11-02-2021, 02:41 PM)Veggie Wrote: I haven't bought from these but their ethics are good:-

https://seedcooperative.org.uk/
I have bought from Pennard plants though, because they sell "odd" things that the boring mainstream retailers don't.

Thanks - they look interesting! I'll bear them in mind for autumn buying - I'll need some small winter squash for next year. Though given the huge packets I just got from Seeds of Italy, I might be able to do a seed swap instead!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Veggie, Vinny

Spec Offline
I bought some tomato seeds the other day in lidils, I think the price was about 45p and I got 15 seeds in the packet, not sure the name of the company that supplies them, (and the rain is too heavy to the greenhouse to check) I have bought seeds from other well known seed companies  but they are usually very expensive and fewer seeds, so who/where would you recommend getting your seeds from

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Spec, I've merged your post with a thread you prepared earlierWink
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli, Spec

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(10-03-2021, 08:39 PM)Veggie Wrote: Spec, I've merged your post with a thread you prepared earlierWink
You beat me to it  Big Grin I couldn’t find this thread    Blush . I know it was around somewhere  Big Grin
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie