Dieting
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I hate diets - I like wine and sardines on toast. I wish I didn't Big Grin
Some years I'm thinner than others - I do find it easier when I'm not cooking for others as I "taste" it!
[-] The following 6 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, JJB, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Spec Offline
(25-02-2021, 10:49 PM)Scarlet Wrote: I hate diets - I like wine and sardines on toast. I wish I didn't Big Grin
Some years I'm thinner than others - I do find it easier when I'm not cooking for others as I "taste" it!

I don't like diets either Scarlet, and yes like you there are years when I was thinner than others, but sadly it seems to be in a previous year pattern Rolleyes Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Broadway, Scarlet, Vinny

Broadway Offline
(25-02-2021, 08:01 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(25-02-2021, 07:38 PM)Veggie Wrote: ^^^ I've started reading "Not on the label" https://www.penguin.co.uk/authors/30261/...rence.html. As one of the reviews says "Perhaps this should be sold as the most effective diet book ever written."
I'm still on the first chapter "Chicken" - certainly convinced me never to go back to eating them.
I'll read the link tomorrow afternoon............after I have digested my kebab. Tongue

Funnily enough, both my Sons are experimenting independently with doner kebab recipes off the net to try and achieve a similar flavour to the bought variety.
They are both 'healthy eaters' so once they have sussed it, I'll get the recipe from them! Big Grin
I've made a couple that were really nice, and healthySmileSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Spec, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(26-02-2021, 07:39 AM)Broadway Wrote:
(25-02-2021, 07:38 PM)Veggie Wrote: ^^^ I've started reading "Not on the label" https://www.penguin.co.uk/authors/30261/...rence.html. As one of the reviews says "Perhaps this should be sold as the most effective diet book ever written."
I'm still on the first chapter "Chicken" - certainly convinced me never to go back to eating them.
I'll read the link tomorrow afternoon............after I have digested my kebab. Tongue

Funnily enough, both my Sons are experimenting independently with doner kebab recipes off the net to try and achieve a similar flavour to the bought variety.
They are both 'healthy eaters' so once they have sussed it, I'll get the recipe from them! Big Grin
Do tell, Danny? Often fancied giving it a go messell. Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons

Broadway Offline
(26-02-2021, 10:13 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(26-02-2021, 07:39 AM)Broadway Wrote:

Do tell, Danny? Often fancied giving it a go messell. Big Grin
One was off the Internet and one was a make your own kebab gift from the boys.

Basically they were a mince meatloaf cooked, allowed to cool, sliced, then the slices reheated, I fried them and served in pitta/wraps and your preferred salad bits. SimplesSmile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Vinny

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(25-02-2021, 10:49 PM)Scarlet Wrote: I hate diets - I like wine and sardines on toast. I wish I didn't Big Grin

I like wine too, and I haven't given it up, I'm just scaling back. It does cause a very obvious hiccup in my weight loss, but I can live with that as long as I lose weight the rest of the time. I'm just fed up of not fitting into clothes that fit me only a few years ago  Angry
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eyren's post:
  • Vinny

toomanytommytoes Offline
If you like kebabs, give chicken shawarma a go, it's pretty easy to make.
[-] The following 2 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Mikey, Vinny

Broadway Offline
(26-02-2021, 02:25 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: If you like kebabs, give chicken shawarma a go, it's pretty easy to make.
I remember doing a chicken one years ago when you threaded about 8 chicken thighs onto skewers, cooked them, then sliced the meat off and loaded the pitas/wrapsSmileSmile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Vinny

Vinny Offline
(26-02-2021, 02:25 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: If you like kebabs, give chicken shawarma a go, it's pretty easy to make.
Just goggled it. Looks nice. Cool

Vinny Offline
I'm sitting here like a beached whale!  Confused

Just had a full on Donner kebab with plenty of salad and no pita bread. Then me and the dog polished off a plateful of chicken wings that needed to be eaten. Smile Already drank 1 litre of water today and starting on second.

Shame that's it until this time tomorrow when I will have,................ I know not what. Rolleyes
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Scarlet