Dieting
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Question 
Can't find a thread for this so decided to start one. Tongue

I am sure a few of us must be dieting and just wondered which diet was being used and how people were getting along with it?

Started my diet yesterday. I have used low carb diets in the past to good effect. What enthused me the most was Tyson Fury losing 10 stone and returning to take the heavyweight crown. Cool

I am no Tyson Fury but I am obese (have been for the last 20 years) even though I class myself as quite healthy. I walk with dog for 1.5 hours each day and do all my caring responsibilities, housework, shopping,cooking and my favourite, washing dishes each day.

Yesterday I started my diet with a full English breakfast (no toast or fried bread of course) then fasted for the rest of the day apart from a bag of nuts.
Today I had four sausages and three scrambled eggs for brekky. Teatime will be chicken wings and kale.then fast aagain until morning. As you can see I am trying low carb and fasting, drinking loads of sugar free drinks as well.

Anyway, how are everyone else's diets going and what do they entail? Huh
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 6 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Mikey, Moth, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie

Spec Offline
The best diet that I know of Vinny, is the one in which you can eat whatever you want, just don't swallow Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
My diet is unique. I’m eating & drinking what ever the hell I like and hoping beyond hope that building a house will help me shed a few pounds. More importantly help Bob shed vast quantities of
Pounds.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Mikey, Moth, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I'm still trying to find my diet mojo. I maintain I still need my winter 'coat'. Getting out in the garden will hopefully help me lose that stone and a half, all the digging and upping and downing tends to give me some exercise. P is still cutting out proper lunches and having lighter breakfasts, which seems to be working. When I do diet, I don't find a proper 'diet' easy to follow and if I count calories I tend to become obsessed with the calorie count of each mouthful. So if/when the mojo or diet frame of mind hits me it will just be cutting out some carbs and fat (but not all) avoiding my beloved butter, bread and potatoes. It's not rocket science and I wish it was so much easier to achieve.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Moth, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(23-02-2021, 02:23 PM)JJB Wrote: I'm still trying  to find my diet mojo.  I maintain I still need my winter 'coat'.  Getting out in the garden will hopefully help me lose that stone and a half, all the digging and upping  and downing tends to give me some exercise.  P is still cutting out proper lunches and having lighter breakfasts, which seems to be working.  When I do diet, I don't find a proper 'diet'  easy to follow and if I count calories I tend to become obsessed with the calorie count of each mouthful. So if/when the mojo or diet frame of mind hits me it will just be cutting out some carbs and fat (but not all) avoiding my beloved butter, bread and potatoes.  It's not rocket science and I wish it was so much easier to achieve.
I can probably live without the bread or potatoes, but butter is my downfall. Having said that without bread and tatties.....there's less to put butter on. Deffo can't be arrised with counting calorie, so thats a no-no. Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Moth, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Good luck to you, Vinny, that's not a diet I would want to follow!!
Over the years I tried many different fad diets but the novelty always wore off after a couple of weeks and the weight would pile back on. Now, I'm on the diet-free diet.Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Mikey, Moth, Scarlet, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(23-02-2021, 02:05 PM)Small chilli Wrote: My diet is unique. I’m eating & drinking what ever the hell I like and hoping beyond hope that building a house will help me shed a few pounds. More importantly help Bob shed vast quantities of
Pounds.
I've been on that diet since I left school. Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Mikey, Small chilli, Veggie

Vinny Offline
(23-02-2021, 02:38 PM)Veggie Wrote: Good luck to you, Vinny, that's not a diet I would want to follow!!
Over the years I tried many different fad diets but the novelty always wore off after a couple of weeks and the weight would pile back on. Now, I'm on the diet-free diet.Smile
I have no idea as to what a vegetarian equivalent of a full English is veggie. I did have a big pile of mushrooms with my fry up though............does that count! Big Grin

I will see how it goes for a week or two and then judge results. Rolleyes

https://youtu.be/wHlvKQwZFSI

Loved this old advert.
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Eyren, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Is that your beer belly, Vinny? Smile Smile

How did you cook your mushrooms? Fried??
A veggie brekkie could be mushrooms, tomatoes, baked beans, scrambled eggs..........
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

Greenfingers Offline
I generally just eat whatever I fancy but try to keep the portion size under control. I'd rather have a small portion of something really gorgeous than a mountain of something okay. I also don't snack generally (apart from a bit of allotment grazing) and keep to 2 meals a day.
[-] The following 2 users Like Greenfingers's post:
  • JJB, Vinny