Dieting
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I dread to think how my diet is going, but I am staying away from the scales for the time being. Rolleyes

One meal a day isn't as hard as I expected but one low carb meal is.(eek) Three days living like a bladdy caveman whilst feeding OH continuously through the day can do your head in a bit but hopefully its all to the good. Smile

Apparently, according to loads of experts on TouTube I am having my single meal at the right time of the day (before 12 noon) but it has always been a 'Big Breakfast' for the last three days. Confused

I might invest in a Mega Donnar Kebab on Friday (without pita bread of course) for a change and rely on my daily multivitamin tablet instead of fruit. Come to think of it you get a slice of lemon,a chilli,red & white cabbage and lettuce with it, plus the chilli sauce as well so maybe not so bad? Huh
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

Spec Offline
i go with 2 meals a day, breakfast from 8 till 10 then it tea from 4 till 6 and so far its working fine
[-] The following 4 users Like Spec's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(24-02-2021, 07:30 PM)Spec Wrote: i go with 2 meals a day, breakfast from 8 till 10 then it tea from 4 till 6 and so far its working fine
Glad it works for you Spec. Cool I have masochistic tendencies so thought I would jump in at the deep end with a single daily meal. Rolleyes

I feel a bit like Rocky Balboa  muttering " That's not so bad, that's not so bad, that's all ya got?" Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Moth, Spec, Veggie

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(24-02-2021, 10:38 AM)JJB Wrote: Well it's workingSmile  a bit of gardening, no muffins and butter and I left the chocolate alone (for a day) and a pound has gone.  I knew all along what was causing the gradual increase, I just needed the kick up the @rse to consider doing something about it.  Thank you Vinny.  Now I need to keep it up.

A bit of competition might help is anybody prepared to log progress,  on a casual basis,  to keep those of in need to slim down motivated?  Or is a gardening forum, not quite the right place?  Confused

Well done, JJB.
You're right, it's bread/muffins/teacakes and butter that is the real weight catcher. And it's what so many of us were brought up on, isn't it? So hard to give up, but it must be done.

(24-02-2021, 11:12 AM)Eyren Wrote: Edit: maybe if we stuck to "how well I stuck to my diet" rather than "how much weight I lost"?

But we are not "on a diet", hopefully. We are changing our eating patterns for the better and forever. Big Grin
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 5 users Like Moth's post:
  • Broadway, Jimny14, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Admin Offline
The Boss
(24-02-2021, 07:09 PM)Vinny Wrote: I dread to think how my diet is going, but I am staying away from the scales for the time being. Rolleyes

One meal a day isn't as hard as I expected but one low carb meal is.(eek) Three days living like a bladdy caveman whilst feeding OH continuously through the day can do your head in a bit but hopefully its all to the good. Smile

Apparently, according to loads of experts on TouTube I am having my single meal at the right time of the day (before 12 noon) but it has always been a 'Big Breakfast' for the last three days. Confused

I might invest in a Mega Donnar Kebab on Friday (without pita bread of course) for a change and rely on my daily multivitamin tablet instead of fruit. Come to think of it you get a slice of lemon,a chilli,red & white cabbage and lettuce with it, plus the chilli sauce as well so maybe not so bad? Huh

I used to enjoy a Kebab but after seeing them being made with mechanically recovered meat, I went off them, same said of processed sausages.
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 3 users Like Admin's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(25-02-2021, 06:59 PM)Admin Wrote:
(24-02-2021, 07:09 PM)Vinny Wrote: I dread to think how my diet is going, but I am staying away from the scales for the time being. Rolleyes

I used to enjoy a Kebab but after seeing them being made with mechanically recovered meat, I went off them, same said of processed sausages.
I haven't seen that and shudder to think. Confused I won't eat hot dog sausages after seeing those being made (Jamie Oliver show methinks.) or the smoked sausage you get from chip shops. Maybe ignorance is bliss as I do like a good kebab! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Broadway

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
^^^ I've started reading "Not on the label" https://www.penguin.co.uk/authors/30261/...rence.html. As one of the reviews says "Perhaps this should be sold as the most effective diet book ever written."
I'm still on the first chapter "Chicken" - certainly convinced me never to go back to eating them.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(25-02-2021, 07:38 PM)Veggie Wrote: ^^^ I've started reading "Not on the label" https://www.penguin.co.uk/authors/30261/...rence.html. As one of the reviews says "Perhaps this should be sold as the most effective diet book ever written."
I'm still on the first chapter "Chicken" - certainly convinced me never to go back to eating them.
I'll read the link tomorrow afternoon............after I have digested my kebab. Tongue

Funnily enough, both my Sons are experimenting independently with doner kebab recipes off the net to try and achieve a similar flavour to the bought variety.
They are both 'healthy eaters' so once they have sussed it, I'll get the recipe from them! Big Grin
  • Broadway, Mikey, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
There's no mention of kebabs in the review so you can read it now.
I could see if they're in the book though. Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(25-02-2021, 08:04 PM)Veggie Wrote: There's no mention of kebabs in the review so you can read it now.
I could see if they're in the book though. Wink
Bet a horse meat kebab is quite tasty! Huh

I would imagine horse meat to be very lean, similar to venison? Huh

Apologies to anyone who keeps horses. Cry
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie