Dieting
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(08-05-2021, 11:20 AM)Mikey Wrote: Used my app to get some rough figures for you So cranberries 300 cal per 100g, prunes 200 ish per 100g, apricots 190 per 100g, walnuts 25 each. Double cream 450 per 100 ml. Cod loin about 120 ea, tuc biscuits 10-15 ea, broccoli about 100 cal per 100g,  butter 30 cal per teaspoon. So at a rough guess say roughly 700-800 for main and around the same for dessert.

Daily intake was 15-1800 calories

Tea or coffee with milk is about 40 ea.

Walking 2.5 mph (slow) 460 cals for an hour and 3/4 and at 3 mph (moderate) 580 cals.

Without much other activity you’re around 1000-1500 calories under for that day. Every 2 days you’d be losing approx a 1lb in weight. Which you have, you need to up your healthy fats snacks I’d say. Smile
Flippin eck,thanks Mikey Cool . Here's me thinking I was overeating! CryWhat's a healthy fat snack I wonder? An avocado or two do you think? Fried egg in olive oil between two slices of toast..............ahhhhh I really miss this for brekkie! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Mikey

Mikey Offline
https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/16555-snack-ideas-for-weight-gain

This is a link for people who need to gain weight healthily, which seem kinda counter intuitive but, is actually also really useful if you are trying to lose weight as it gives loads of tips to add calories without it being a chore.

Nuts and nut butters, olives, and avocados, hummus, salad dressings, even using seeds and bacon bits in salads. When you are only eating one meal a day it’s gotta be really calorie dense to stabilise your weight or you’re gonna seriously under eat. Snacks like hummus and veg sticks or dried meats are a good way of adding slow release energy outside of a meal. Leaving the skin on chicken, or breading it will add a lot of incidental calories easily. 

You have been trying to lose weight which is relative easy on OMAD not that OMAD is easy mind!! It’s a lot harder to maintain weight on OMAD, because 2400 calories is really hard to achieve in one sitting healthily. Smile
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Looking at when I started this thread I have now been on OMAD for about 7 months. Undecided

Sunday is my weigh in day and my weight is starting to creep up slightly. From a low of just under 13.5 stones my weight over the last couple of weeks is creeping up towards 14 stone! Still a lot less than the 16.5 stone I started with but worrying none the less.

I HAVE BEEN CHEATING! and it must stop . I decided I  enjoy a cup of milky tea first thing in the morning and milk is supposedly a no-no! Sod it, the early morning cuppa is staying. Rolleyes
I also like to munch on a bag of salted nuts in the evening which will have to stop. I need to cut back on the carbs again but won't do without a small portion of spuds on my Sunday dinner.......it just wouldn't be right.
Some of the drinks I use, even though they are all sugar free, contain Sucrose as a sweetener. I may be wrong but I think the body deems this a sugar with all the relevant weight gains associated so I may have to stick with aspartame sweetened products from now on. Aspartame hasn't got a good name though as some think it is carcinogenic and hangs around in the body! Cry

I am sure I will get back on track as I feel OMAD is a way of life now rather than a diet! Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, JJB, Veggie

Spec Offline
(23-02-2021, 02:05 PM)Small chilli Wrote: My diet is unique. I’m eating & drinking what ever the hell I like and hoping beyond hope that building a house will help me shed a few pounds. More importantly help Bob shed vast quantities of
Pounds.

Now that Vinny has brought this thread up again, I was wondering if Bob has shed vast quantities of pounds, I am quite sure between the build and what Sc wants to buy for the house, his pockets will be almost emptyRolleyes
I take it that is the pounds you mean Sc Wink
[-] The following 4 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Bren Offline
Vinny you could be eating a bit more because the weather turning cooler and you need things like that milky drink to get you going in the morning.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Well done Vinny for sticking to your diet. You have far more willpower than most of us. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli, Vinny

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(23-02-2021, 11:19 PM)Moth Wrote: I'm pleased you started this thread.

I finally got some new batteries for the scales and found that since December I've gained a stone! :eek:

The simplest way for me to lose weight is to stop eating wheat. It cuts out all the snacks - cake, bread, crackers, biscuits. Also I forgo my breakfast porridge and have fruit and yoghurt instead. I do miss the satisfying tastiness of home made bread, but I also definitely feel much more energetic and alert when I can stay off flour products.

Since the start of this thread, I've lost the stone I gained plus another 4lbs and intend to keep going till I lose another stone, which will bring me to the weight I was in my thirties and about mid-range for my height/age now. One valuable piece of advice I found was - At 1500 calories a day, that divides into 500 calories per meal, or two x 250 cal plus 1 x 1000 cal, so stop calling that slice of cake/ coffee with cream/Danish pastry etc a snack! If it contains more than 200 calories, it's a meal.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 3 users Like Moth's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
You must have sent that stone down to me Moth Smile with an inactive winter coming and the dreaded Christmas, I don't stand a chance shaking it off. Note to self " don't buy butter and chocolate each week!" Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Moth, Veggie, Vinny

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
If you don't buy it, you can't eat it Big GrinBig Grin
A 45g bar of milk chocolate is 240 calories - a meal!
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 2 users Like Moth's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've lost half a stone this year and the only change I've made is forgoing a glass of wine with my evening meal. Don't miss it now - it was just a habit I didn't need.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Vinny