Dieting
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I have lost a lot of weight. My face doesn't look gaunt (not that anyone would notice as I have grown a bushy beard) Rolleyes . I don't want to put weight back on and luckily it has came off my stomach and my legs look skinnier but are actually more muscular. Cool

The one meal a day is OK (Donar kebab yesterday, cod loin and salad and broccoli today) but unsure about the next step? I kind of fancy that if I deviate back to possibly two meals a day that I will put weight back on. (Hence the obesophobic comment)

I am at a  crossroads and have to decide what is best. I still have a small amount of belly fat, which is upsetting, even though it never bothered me in the past? It's nice to just chat about it on here because I am dieting without any help from anyone and my only contact with others on a similar regime is through watching Youtube.

Broccoli is my go-to veg at the moment and today I may try to eat it raw to reap more benefits from it. Its actually Calabrese but sold as broccoli. Hopefully I can grow a shed load of it myself this year.

Whilst I am sitting at this crossroads I am just going to carry on as-was and put off a decision about my future diet til another day. Rolleyes

Thanks for the input Mikey.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Mikey, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
One of my fave snacks is broccoli and stilton soup with broccoli....confused?

I microwave the broccoli head whilst warming the soup through then just mix the two. Very low in fat Smile

I think maxing the protein and limiting your carbs is the way to go
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 2 users Like Admin's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

Vinny Offline
^^^^^^^ I love Stilton, I love Brocolli but for some reason I am not a fan of brocolli/stilton soup Huh

The most boring thing with OMAD is what you can and can't drink Rolleyes . Water is advocated but wallowing in three litres of water a day is a struggle.I use flavoured water but it is sweetened with aspartame which is toxic to humans.
I have just received some dried  hibiscus flowers and have some infusing just now to see what they taste like.I also have stevia granules to sweeten if need be. Stevia is the only sweetener that doesn't affect insulin levels apparently but I find it has a 'strange' taste.

I have three more flavours I am going to try when I get round to it.:-

1) Ginger and Turmeric  tea

2)Chocolate and peppermint tea

3) Ginseng tea.

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Can you drink herb teas (no milk or sugar of course)?
Mint and lemon balm are nice or squeezing a lemon into water is refreshing.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Vinny

Vinny Offline
(07-05-2021, 06:49 PM)Veggie Wrote: Can you drink herb teas (no milk or sugar of course)?
Mint and lemon balm are nice or squeezing a lemon into water is refreshing.
Yes I can Veggie. I have a mixed bunch of them but haven't found one I like yet. Confused

I do sometimes squeeze a lemon into water, usually for my first drink of the day when its supposed to give the best results.

I have lemon balm in the garden and mint at the allotment but neither are in leaf yet. Rolleyes
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

Bren Offline
One of my favourite drinks is slices of lemon and ginger then add 3 or 4 cardamom seeds, it nice either warm or cold.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Mikey, Veggie, Vinny

Mikey Offline
You can add fruit slices to water as flavouring and bruised herbs. I like fresh mint in fused in some hot water but not boiling water then left to go cold and added to cold water with a slice of lemon then allowed to steep. Big jug full days liquid intake only needs a couple of lemon slices and about 8-10 mint leaves. Drying your own mint also makes the most amazing peppermint tea Smile

Flavoured water also works well with raspberries and strawberries, I prefer honey as a sweetener personally if preferred.

Would you tweak your plan to eat within a time frame 4-6 hours for example. Essentially it’s calories in, I’m losing weight because I’m in a calorie deficit around 300 a day, 3500 is approx 1lb. You’ll struggle to not continue losing weight on one meal a day unless you can find a way to consume 2400-2600 in a single meal, At a guess I’d say you’re currently on 600-1000 at most.

Exercise also impacts I walk the dog every day and that’s 3-500 additional calories burned, and 5-6 hours hard gardening can be upto 2000 calories.

I’ve tried more diets than is healthy and they all failed me eventually because sooner or later the body goes into extreme measures and starts over working the hunger trigger so it consumes your every waking thought. It’s basically fighting you, we gain weight by tricking it, and just overeating by a small margin a day so it stores a little it then uses this to gain a little muscle thicken bone density, until eventually it’s a big tyre!!.

You need to find a way to either consume more at one sitting or extend your sitting. In truth the next stage will be harder than the weight loss as your trying to find that equilibrium no gain no loss. Awesome achievement though Vinny, massive kudos. Smile
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikey's post:
  • Vinny

Vinny Offline
I like the idea of extending the time frame for eating. Possibly try 4 hours as this would still give me a 20 hour fasting time each day.

I normally eat my OMAD at roughly 1.00pm and may try extending it to 1.00pm to 5.00pm?

I don't calorie count but do manage to get through quite a bit at a sitting. Rolleyes

Yesterday I had two cod loins coated with scrunched up Tuc biscuits mixed with melted butter to give a bit of crunch and stop the fish from drying on the surface in the oven. With this I had a whole par boiled head of brocolli (chopped up) and a large plate of salad.I also had two pancakes I had cooked for OH earlier which she didn't eat. Both pancakes and brocolli were dipped in BBQ sauce. For afters I had a bowl of dried prunes,(to help my bowels) chopped walnuts,cranberries and apricots all drowned in double cream.  Smile

I imagine the above would have been a goodly amount of calories! Rolleyes

Dog gets two walks a day, one of over an hour and one of 3/4 of an hour X 7 days a week so I am quite happy with exercise regime.

Upper body is exercised at the allotment, shopping , housework and most recently bricklaying.
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Mikey

Vinny Offline
(07-05-2021, 07:44 PM)Bren Wrote: One of my favourite  drinks is slices of lemon and ginger then add  3 or 4 cardamom seeds, it nice either warm or cold.
Yep, I bought some fresh ginger last time I was out with the intention of utilising it for a drink. I have lemons and will have to have a look and see if I have cardamon pods, if not I will buy some with today's shopping. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Bren

Mikey Offline
Used my app to get some rough figures for you So cranberries 300 cal per 100g, prunes 200 ish per 100g, apricots 190 per 100g, walnuts 25 each. Double cream 450 per 100 ml. Cod loin about 120 ea, tuc biscuits 10-15 ea, broccoli about 100 cal per 100g, butter 30 cal per teaspoon. So at a rough guess say roughly 700-800 for main and around the same for dessert.

Daily intake was 15-1800 calories

Tea or coffee with milk is about 40 ea.

Walking 2.5 mph (slow) 460 cals for an hour and 3/4 and at 3 mph (moderate) 580 cals.

Without much other activity you’re around 1000-1500 calories under for that day. Every 2 days you’d be losing approx a 1lb in weight. Which you have, you need to up your healthy fats snacks I’d say. Smile
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.