Dieting
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Hit my target weight on Sunday with 2 1/2 stone lost. I am quite happy with OMAD at the moment though so I may stick with it until another 1/2 stone is lost. I will add a few carbs though so if I stay around my present weight I will be quite happy, If I lose another half stone it will be an unexpected bonus. Big Grin This is the first diet that has actually worked for me and that I could probably stick with indefinitely. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 7 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, doublyjonah, Eyren, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
CONGRATULATIONS!! WHOOPEE! a red letter day Vinny, well done. Break open the champers.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Vinny

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(13-04-2021, 06:05 PM)Vinny Wrote: Hit my target weight on Sunday with 2 1/2 stone lost. 

Well done, sir!

I'm pretty certain OMAD would not work for me, but I'm glad you've found something that works for you.
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Broadway, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Well done Vinny.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Vinny

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
I'm back on the wagon after a few birthday indulgences last month led onto a very slippery slope! Currently combining my go-to healthy eating (lots of fresh fruit & veg, whole grains, pulses, etc) with a modest calorie restriction and core strength workouts - I'm so out of condition after a year of lockdown working-from-home! 

I'm hoping I can stick to it longer than my other attempts. I've had to concede that I'm too much of a rebel to follow a regimen that totally eliminates the not-so-healthy foods I love, so I'm tracking everything on Cronometer.com and allowing myself the occasional planned indulgence (like last night's pizza) Big Grin
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

Bren Offline
Congrats Vinny what have you missed the most during your diet.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(14-04-2021, 08:55 AM)Bren Wrote: Congrats Vinny what have you missed the most during your diet.
Pie (mince,corned beef,ham n egg etc) and of course to go with it CHIPS!!!! Sad
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Mikey

Mikey Offline
I’m two weeks in to the summer diet, I can’t diet when it’s cold. I walk the dog before breakfast and if it’s too cold I get the golly wobbles. I got an app to help me this time, it has a huge folio of branded stuff, scans barcodes and allows me to add my own meals. I’m simply counting calories this time around and aiming for a weekly deficit. I’m not leaving out any food group, as I know I’d crave it instantly. 

I already like the app, it told me yesterday ‘we have found a positive pattern, on days you have a bacon sandwich, you eat less calories’. This app is my new best friend. Big Grin
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 6 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
I'm glad its working for you Mikey. Cool

I don't count calories because I have no idea how to, or have any inclination to do so really. Rolleyes Mine isn't really a diet, its a way of life.

Its a way I could carry on for the rest of my life if truth be told, and hopefully reap some benefits.Cool
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Mikey, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(17-04-2021, 08:51 AM)Mikey Wrote: I’m two weeks in to the summer diet, I can’t diet when it’s cold. I walk the dog before breakfast and if it’s too cold I get the golly wobbles. I got an app to help me this time, it has a huge folio of branded stuff, scans barcodes and allows me to add my own meals. I’m simply counting calories this time around and aiming for a weekly deficit. I’m not leaving out any food group, as I know I’d crave it instantly. 

I already like the app, it told me yesterday ‘we have found a positive pattern, on days you have a bacon sandwich, you eat less calories’. This app is my new best friend. Big Grin

Can you tell the app that works for you Mikey, by the way welcome back.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey