Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(31-01-2022, 12:49 PM)Broadway Wrote: The Responder - BBC/IPlayer

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11899030/?r..._sr_srsg_0
I've watched that series Danny. Quite good. Smile

I am enjoying watching a series called After Life on Netflix. It to me is a dark comedy written and acted by Ricky Gervais. I have never been a fan of this guy, or comedies in general for that matter. Didn't like him in 'The Office' but this is quite pertinent to me and even though it is quite sad at times, he does make me laugh now and again! Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Online
(31-01-2022, 01:16 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(31-01-2022, 12:49 PM)Broadway Wrote: The Responder - BBC/IPlayer

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11899030/?r..._sr_srsg_0
I've watched that series Danny. Quite good. Smile

I am enjoying watching a series called After Life on Netflix. It to me is a dark comedy written and acted by Ricky Gervais. I have never been a fan of this guy, or comedies in general for that matter. Didn't like him in 'The Office' but this is quite pertinent to me and even though it is quite sad at times, he does make me laugh now and again! Smile
Hiya Vinny

People have their views about him but I think he is absolutely brilliant in After Life. It's a bit crude at times however my view is it covers the sad bits very well, yes sadly pertinent to you.

Quick edit - must not forget the dog as wellSmile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
I'm reliving my teenage years by watching Blakes Seven on ForcesTV. Funny, I didn't notice the wobbly spaceships and iffy sets first time around.  Rolleyes
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 6 users Like Moth's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
(31-01-2022, 02:37 PM)Moth Wrote: I'm reliving my teenage years by watching Blakes Seven on ForcesTV. Funny, I didn't notice the wobbly spaceships and iffy sets first time around.  Rolleyes

I've had a go at watching Blake's 7 twice and have very much enjoyed it both times. However, I've never got far beyond Blake leaving as the antagonism between Blake's idealism and Avon's self-interest (or sometimes not) was such a key element that it always feels like something is missing after Blake goes. I must pick it up again.

Edit: In fact, the complexity of those two central characters was the most interesting aspect of the whole show. The other characters are much more two dimensional, but there was so much going on with those two. Blake's idealism that took him to the point of arrogance and selfishness. Avon's outward self-interest that clashed with his evident admiration for Blake that he would have denied even to himself. The fact that Blake was so willing to lead his crew into danger for his own ends, that Avon was willing to sacrifice himself despite his disdain for those aims. Fantastic stuff and has to have been a precursor for the incredible character arcs in Babylon 5.
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 4 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Moth

Jay Offline
Late to the party but I’ve just started watching Line of Duty…very good!
West of Scotland
[-] The following 3 users Like Jay's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB

Broadway Online
(31-01-2022, 03:34 PM)Jay Wrote: Late to the party but I’ve just started watching Line of Duty…very good!
You are late Jay, enjoy!
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB

Broadway Online
Started watching these at the weekend -

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt12026710/episodes/?season=1

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt8681148/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3

The first is still airing, the second all episodes available on iplayer.

The second will interest our nhs friends on here? I have found it funny(at times), scarey, emotional, sad, and more!

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Watching The Fall on iplayer. Found it hard to get into at frst and not a great lover of Gillan Anderson as an actress but I will stick with it. Rolleyes

Enjoyed watching Happy Valley recently. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
This is not TV, but I went to see Belfast in the cinema at the weekend it’s an excellent movie about a boy growing up in Belfast at the start of the troubles.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • JJB