Ideas for series to watch on telly?
Spec Offline
I am just wondering what folks have been binging on with lock downs and winter and no ladies chocolate is not included, I have just finished watching all 62 episodes of Still Game which gives a lot of Scottish humour if you want to give it a try and working my way through Line of Duty so what have you been watching or reading?
[-] The following 5 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mamzie, Scarlet, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
CSI NY, Law and Order SVU nothing cerebral. Books. Games. All things OH has no interest in whatsoever, he really was the last in line when the fun genes were dealt out. His idea of fun is a big noisy engine preferably railway based but not exclusive to. Boring.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Spec, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Gogglebox UK and Gogglebox Ireland, the Chase, Escape to the Chateau
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 4 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Spec, Veggie

Broadway Offline
Schitt's CreekSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Spec, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I don't particularly like TV - the other half has slowly become a TV addict. He works non stop, but doesn't read so winter evenings trying to get off a computer is difficult for him....so he binge watches series.

I'm usually doing something at the same time - but I did enjoy The Queens Gambit.
My husband and boys have always played chess -it's made them get the board out again rather than playing on a computer. It's been a breath of fresh air.
[-] The following 5 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Spec, Veggie

Spec Offline
If any of you try Still Game let me know if you understand it/enjoy it and if you can follow it to the end what you think of the finish, which I thought was one of the best finishes to a series
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Can the Man

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I don't have the patience to sit and watch TV for long. Like Scarlet I have to do something else at the same time - usually shuffling seeds or reading or doing a crossword or sudoku.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey, Spec

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(28-12-2020, 05:24 PM)Spec Wrote: If any of you try Still Game let me know if you understand it/enjoy it and if you can follow it to the end what you think of the finish, which I thought was one of the best finishes to a series
I just watched 2 minutes of that on YouTube - I'd need subtitles to understand them!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Small chilli

Spec Offline
Yes I thought some of you would find it difficult Big Grin
  • Can the Man

Spec Offline
(28-12-2020, 05:47 PM)Veggie Wrote: I don't have the patience to sit and watch TV for long. Like Scarlet I have to do something else at the same time - usually shuffling seeds or reading or doing a crossword or sudoku.

You could always watch it and put it down to learning a new language, but you really need a sense of humour to understand itBig Grin
  • Can the Man