Ideas for series to watch on telly?
MartinH Offline
I've been enjoying Series 2 of Worzel Gummidge on BBC Iplayer. Beautifully done, very calm and pastoral.
[-] The following 5 users Like MartinH's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Broadway Offline
(16-12-2021, 01:25 AM)Can the Man Wrote: There has been a great series 6 episodes on Irish tv called Hidden Assets, it’s based I. Belgium and Ireland and involves the Belgium police, terroists squad and the Irish CAB the Criminal Asset Bureau. Not sure if it’s available on any British or online services yet but if you can find it well worth watching, it might be on you tube.
Watched the first 3 episodes very good CANSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(31-12-2021, 07:10 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(16-12-2021, 01:25 AM)Can the Man Wrote: There has been a great series 6 episodes on Irish tv called Hidden Assets, it’s based I. Belgium and Ireland and involves the Belgium police, terroists squad and the Irish CAB the Criminal Asset Bureau. Not sure if it’s available on any British or online services yet but if you can find it well worth watching, it might be on you tube.
Great twists in it Danny watch closely
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet

Broadway Offline
(31-12-2021, 10:41 PM)Can the Man Wrote:
(31-12-2021, 07:10 PM)Broadway Wrote:
Great twists in it Danny watch closely
Good shout CAN, we enjoyed itSmile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
We've also just finished Annika.

Nicola Walker (who I really like) is in it, if you get a chance she was in another series some years ago call River which was also goodSmile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB

SarrissUK Offline
(01-01-2022, 12:59 PM)Broadway Wrote: We've also just finished Annika.

Nicola Walker (who I really like) is in it, if you get a chance she was in another series some years ago call River which was also goodSmile

Oh yeah, Nicola Walker is excellent! I saw her in an episode of Scott & Bailey first time and I was astounded by her acting skills. Later seen in The Split where she was just as excellent. She's definitely a favourite of mine too Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man

Jay Offline
Couldn’t get into Annika at all but Nicola Walker was also in the Unforgotten which I thought was excellent. Another vote here to for River.
West of Scotland
[-] The following 2 users Like Jay's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Broadway Offline
(02-01-2022, 07:37 AM)Jay Wrote: Couldn’t get into Annika at all but Nicola Walker was also in the Unforgotten which I thought was excellent. Another vote here to for River.
The stories were average in Annika but I liked the characters.

As for Unforgotten it's probably my favorite show of the last few yearsSmile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Just started watching a new 3 part series called the tower. It is based on a book called Post Mortem by Kate London, it is investigating the death of a veteran police officer and a teenage girl who fall to their deaths together from this tower. Difficult to get into but I read up a bit about it and understand it better now.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
The green planet. A David Attenborough series about plants . BBC 1 Sunday evening. Second episode tonight. It’s fascinating.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, MartinH, Veggie