2021 - 52 weeks of doing something different
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Adding to week 7. A new recipe.
I’ve just made for the very first time oatcakes. Not those horrendous Scottish things! I’ve made Staffordshire oatcakes Cool  . I was pretty much raised on them as a kid. Most people are from around Stafford/ Stoke area. Just had one for my lunch. Not quite right but blooming close. I’m happy with that. I’ll be making them again. Now I know how.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie, Vinny

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Week 7 Made a salad with young dandelion leaves, boiled eggs and some normal lettuce. MrPP didn't notice ...
As someone who can no longer get through the night anyway I have no fear of their pissenlit reputation Smile
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(16-02-2021, 12:49 PM)Veggie Wrote: My new thing was cooking split fava beans and making "hummus".
https://hodmedods.co.uk/blogs/recipes/fa...-ful-nabed
It wasn't a great success as I was missing a few key ingredients!!

INGREDIENTS
100g Split Dried Fava Beans
2 tbsp Tahini
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 small clove Garlic
1/2 tsp mild Dried Chilli
1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
1 tbsp chopped Parsley and/or Mint
Smoked Paprika to garnish

Actually, I only had the Beans and the Oil and I added Mint sauce as a lemon juice & Mint substitute.
I'll be better prepared next time.  Blush

I think the mint sauce may have been a mistake there, VC Wink

You can substitute any beans or peas for chick peas, and I've used red lentils too. Any nut butter can sub for tahini - I generally use peanut butter, but that does give a strong peanut flavour.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 3 users Like Moth's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Week 8 ( well it is in my world, really don’t know if I’m right)
First glass of plum whiskey liquor that I made in 2016. I may be slurring later !
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Week 9 and right at the bitter end and no I haven't actually done it yet  Huh but tonight I'm going to smoke some trout fillets fo the first time. MrPP says I tried years ago and ruined the fish, but that cannot possibly be true  Big Grin If I don't report back, you know I'm in trouble!

[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Week 9
Got our very first delivery for the building site.

[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Moth, PyreneesPlot, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Week 7 - had a week without drinking wine!! There was a glass or two left in the bottom of a wine box but I didn't feel like drinking it one night............or the next...........or the next etc. A week later I had a glass but really didn't enjoy it and haven't had any wine since.

Maybe I'm ill.Wink

Week 8 - took delivery of a 4 light indoor plant thingy and its lighting up my tomato, cucumber and courgette seedlings as we speak.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Vinny

JJB Online
Moonraker
(05-03-2021, 05:46 PM)Veggie Wrote: Week 7  - had a week without drinking wine!! There was a glass or two left in the bottom of a wine box but I didn't feel like drinking it one night............or the next...........or the next etc. A week later I had a glass but really didn't enjoy it and haven't had any wine since.

Maybe I'm ill.Wink

Week 8 - took delivery of a 4 light indoor plant thingy and its lighting up my tomato, cucumber and courgette seedlings as we speak.

May you and your light thingy be very happy together.  I'm already trying  to figure out where I can put a second one  next year.  I've not come up with a solution yet
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

JJB Online
Moonraker
I used the kitchen for potting on! I didn't think the babies would like the trip up to the GH in the cold. Oh my! the clearing up before getting dinner though.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(05-03-2021, 04:43 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Week 9 and right at the bitter end and no I haven't actually done it yet  Huh but tonight I'm going to smoke some trout fillets fo the first time. MrPP says I tried years ago and ruined the fish, but that cannot possibly be true  Big Grin If I don't report back, you know I'm in trouble!

That worked, but the 50:50 ratio of rice to sugar had too much sugar which burned and left a slightly bitter taste.

Only question is was that actually week 8?

[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny