2021 - 52 weeks of doing something different
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Star 
Will you join me in a 2021 Challenge of Doing something Different every week? Break the boredom of Lock-down for who knows when it will end?

Something that you haven't tried before/or not for a long time/been meaning to do for ages. For example, visit somewhere new, try a new recipe, make your own summat, eat or cook or grow something different. Maybe a forgotten hobby that you once had, a walk to somewhere local you haven't been to for a while, try art or music or learn a new language for a week, do a jigsaw, knit or crochet, model build............ 
You name it and do it! 
Share what you've done and inspire us.
Photos appreciated.  Cool
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Spec

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Can’t say I’ll join in every week. But there will be quite a few weeks this year when I’ll be try something I’ve never done before  Big Grin  Wink .
I can join in on week one. Today me and Bob moved an electrical pole from the hill out the back of our house to just behind the house ready for cutting into fencing strainers. Conveniently the electric board have recently replaced lots of electrical poles and they just level the old ones were they fall. And most the time there’s very little wrong with them, may need to cut the top or bottom 3 or 4 foot off. The rest of the pole is sound. So after a chat with the land owner. We now have free fencing materials    Big Grin . Not that unusual of tasks you might say. The way we moved it was a little different    Wink .
Walked up the hill with a big rope, tied it around the pole. Tied the other end of the rope to the back of Bobs pickup, that was in our field. I was the eye standing next to the gate, while Bob drove across our field. After the initial tension was put on the rope...... we walked back up the hill and tied the rope properly the second time   Rolleyes  Big Grin . It worked really well. Much easier than dragging it by hand over boulders and very tussocky boggy ground.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Nice work, SC. Smile
I have a feeling that your "Special somethings" are going to be the best here. Smile

Makes my Pickled Red Cabbage look a bit insignificant. Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I went for an almost run this week, first time for years. I sowed seeds in January which I've never done before.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Going to be a bit difficult for us oldies. we've done nearly everything.
I even wrote a short poem about nose picking:

Just suppose
Your nose was a rose
would it be rude to pick it?
[-] The following 5 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Moth, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Very good Mark Smile
Maybe the oldies could try doing the things they used to do when they were younger and see if they're still able to do so.Smile Some may not be a good idea - for example, I used to be able to put my leg behind my neck, its hard enough to climb stairs these days. Smile
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga, Moth, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
I'm in, and hopefully will get to the end, unlike the advent calendar!!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Sorry don’t know if I’m in or out, as I’ve got to work 5 days a week 8:30 to 17:30 but generally start at 08:00. So not a lot of time available other than the weekend when I am planning to get my garden up and running.

M not a poet like Mark , but I could quote the words of the song Lannigans Ball. I stepped out she steps in, I stepped out again she steps in again....... you get the gist. Look the song up on YouTube it’s by the Bards it’s very funny.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
It doesn't have to be a BIG Time-consuming something different, it could be totally daft like walking around your garden in the opposite direction to your usual route, or parting your hair on the opposite side for a week or drinking herb tea for breakfast or wearing odd socks to see if anyone notices............
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(03-01-2021, 08:54 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote: Going to be a bit difficult for us oldies. we've done nearly everything.
I even wrote a short poem about nose picking:

Just suppose
Your nose was a rose
would it be rude to pick it?

If in doubt
Prod up your snout
But mind your finger you'll prick it!
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Veggie