Cucumber – Louisa – 3
Cucumber – Chengelkoy – 3
Cucumber – Passandra – 3
Sweet Pepper – Etiude – 2
Chilli - Anaheim – 3
Chilli - Cayene – 3
Chilli - Razzamatazz – 3
Aubergine – Black Beauty – 3

3rd attempt Pepper, Chilli, Aubergine!!!
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, mcdood, PyreneesPlot

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Today was tomato day Smile Sixteen varieties and 2 of basil.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, mcdood

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(28-02-2021, 01:02 PM)Vinny Wrote: Today I plan to sow:-

Calabrese Parthenon F1

All will be sown in modules, maybe kept indoors until they germinate then put on staging in cold greenhouse. Smile

How do you get on with calabrese, Vinny? I've tried parthenon a few times but it just produced piddly little heads that flowered!

[-] The following 1 user Likes PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(28-02-2021, 04:58 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote:

Calabrese Parthenon F1

All will be sown in modules, maybe kept indoors until they germinate then put on staging in cold greenhouse. Smile

How do you get on with calabrese, Vinny? I've tried parthenon a few times but it just produced piddly little heads that flowered!
That's not what I wanted to hear PP! (eek)
I normally just grow whatever calabrese I can get a hold of cheaply. It was fine last year but the second harvest after cutting the main head was better.
I am growing Parthenon because I recently bought a head from Aldi and both myself and OH agreed it was the tastiest we had ever had.
I looked for it and ordered the F1 seeds to give it a try. Only 25 seeds so it better be good. Big Grin

PS Last year I dibbled holes in firm soil at 2 foot spacing, filled with compost and sowed direct. I did the same with curly kale and both did good.
I wonder whether its the transplanting that would send it to seed........I hope not.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
(28-02-2021, 02:08 PM)Broadway Wrote: Cucumber – Louisa – 3
Cucumber – Chengelkoy – 3
Cucumber – Passandra – 3
Sweet Pepper – Etiude – 2
Chilli - Anaheim – 3
Chilli - Cayene – 3
Chilli - Razzamatazz – 3
Aubergine – Black Beauty – 3

3rd attempt Pepper, Chilli, Aubergine!!!
Also been through my opened salad/leaves packets so have sown some....

Mazur, Little Gem, All year round, Valmaine, Crispy Leaves Blend, Rocket Astra, and Little Gem Maureen??
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Some mixed lettuce leaves seeds.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(28-02-2021, 05:57 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(28-02-2021, 04:58 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote:

Calabrese Parthenon F1

That's not what I wanted to hear PP! (eek)
I normally just grow whatever calabrese I can get a hold of cheaply. It was fine last year but the second harvest after cutting the main head was better.
I am growing Parthenon because I recently bought a head from Aldi and both myself and OH agreed it was the tastiest we had ever had.
I looked for it and ordered the F1 seeds to give it a try. Only 25 seeds so it better be good. Big Grin

PS Last year I dibbled holes in firm soil at 2 foot spacing, filled with compost and sowed direct. I did the same with curly kale and both did good.
I wonder whether its the transplanting that would send it to seed........I hope not.

I've always transplanted so that may have been the problem Sad I look forward to hearing your results!

[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec

Spec Offline
Today I have sown marigolds, ageratum, dahlia, fennel and cabbage, also potted on some pansys and fuchsia. Also planted out some tree lilies, but still waiting for other 20 lilies and some gladioli to arrive
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, mcdood

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I checked the dwarf french beans I sowed 2 weeks ago, the seeds had gone to mush so I resowed new ones. This time I just left the bean sitting on top of the damp compost and see can we get some germination.
I also shook out some wild flower and poppy seeds in a part of the garden I’m going to let grow wild. Just hope the weeds won’t over grow the flowers.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(28-02-2021, 10:02 PM)Can the Man Wrote: I checked the dwarf french beans I sowed 2 weeks ago, the seeds had gone to mush so I resowed new ones. This time I just left the bean sitting on top of the damp compost and see can we get some germination.
I also shook out some wild flower and poppy seeds in a part of the garden I’m going to let grow wild. Just hope the weeds won’t over grow the flowers.
That's quite early for French beans? They don't like the cold and will go mushy if sown now. I sow mine end of April for planting outside. End of March/beginning of April for growing in the greenhouse. 

if you have trouble germinating beans- lay down very damp kitchen roll in a Tupperware pot. Put the lid on and leave somewhere warm. Check often and make sure the kitchen roll stays damp. Pot up when you see a root. I often start mine off like this as it saves space.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, mcdood, PyreneesPlot, Spec