2021 What I sowed today
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Nine varieties of tomatoes
Cape gooseberries
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mamzie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Not sown anything yet but did unfreeze some compost in anticipation of sowing some red Robin toms and some chillies. Too early for proper tomatoes yet for me.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
whoop whoop - its the time of year decorations come down ready for my propagator to go up instead. Happy dance.

Major seed sort out tomorrow, early night today after collecting a New Year Eve foods share yesterday. 12 1/2 pallets of potatoes were part of the donation and would go to bin if we need share out - unbelievable
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 4 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Nothing sowed yet but I did sow some onion seed in December and I see some Green peeping up. I have a nice lot of cabbage plants ready for sowing just not sure where to plant them.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
Quick question - i hope to grow our own pickling onion this year. Could I presow these in modules, as our spring is always a few weeks behind due to how high we are.
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mamzie's post:
  • Can the Man

Urban-UK Offline
(02-01-2021, 12:15 PM)Mamzie Wrote: Quick question - i hope to grow our own pickling onion this year. Could I presow these in modules, as our spring is always a few weeks behind due to how high we are.

Yeh I normally do that with my onions anyway. Just sprinkle a few seeds in each module. And then plant them all together when there ready to go out. It will probably be even better for pickling onions as you'll be harvesting them small. So you can more than likely get away with quite a few in each module
[-] The following 4 users Like Urban-UK's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Mamzie, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Ok - sown over the last couple of days.
Mostly flowers as I've not grown huge amounts of veg the last few years.

Garden Pearl

Lobelia Tupa
Foxgloves
Species pelargoniums
Scented Pelargoniums
Larkspur
Orlaya
Sweetpeas
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Roitelet Offline
Aubergines from self saved seed. Just to see what happens!
[-] The following 2 users Like Roitelet's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
As a chilli/aubergine/early Tom experiment I have sowed on the kitchen windowsill:

Red Robin tomatoes
Aubergine black beauty and long purple
Chillies Anaheim, apple crisp, farmers market jalapeno, jalapeno, cayenne this is from memory so might change
Sweet pepper etuida orange, long red marconi
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Broadway Offline
(02-01-2021, 05:24 PM)Urban-UK Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 12:15 PM)Mamzie Wrote: Quick question - i hope to grow our own pickling onion this year. Could I presow these in modules, as our spring is always a few weeks behind due to how high we are.

Yeh I normally do that with my onions anyway. Just sprinkle a few seeds in each module. And then plant them all together when there ready to go out. It will probably be even better for pickling onions as you'll be harvesting them small. So you can more than likely get away with quite a few in each module
Hello Urban / All

Do you multi-sow other crops?
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man