2021 What I sowed today
JJB Offline
Moonraker
I sowed some more red robin windowsill tomatoes as the three I have are not enough for giveaways. Sowed a few more vilma as an insurance for the single one I have, so they will be available for seed saving. Some citrina peppers on kitchen towel in the airing cupboard - the ones sowed in compost failed to germinate.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 5 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Mark_Riga, mcdood, Veggie

mcdood Offline
Sowed alstromeria red beauty, Rincus communis impala, Cleome Helen Campbell
[-] The following 4 users Like mcdood's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Broadway Offline
Received today and sowed / potted on....

1 Sea Beet plant

Skirret

Good King Henry

Welsh Onions

Crow Garlic

Three Corned Leek
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, mcdood, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Sowed some more tsakoniki aubegines as the first batch haven't appeared yet. (I expect they will tomorrow, now!)
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 5 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, mcdood, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
The propagator was looking a bit devoid of pots, so against my better judgement I decided to fill it up a bit. I'm not really a fan of sowing stupidly early but hey ho, I let my heart rule my head. Rolleyes

Sowed:-

Black Russian toms
Craigella toms
Heinz toms
Vince toms (I got these off Veggie in 2015 and remembered they were a yellow beefsteak,Sowed about 20 seeds, nothing ventured nothing gained!) Big Grin

PS Also sowed the last four seeds of Trinidad Perfume chilli's as only one germinated from the six I had sown earlier in the year.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 6 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, mcdood, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
^^^^^^^^

Forgot to add I sowed a pot full of red torpedo onions seed! Last year I think I must have sown these a bit late, and even though they looked OK when harvested, I can only guess they weren't ripe as they didn't keep well at all. Cry
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
Not sowed, strictly speaking, but today a package of Galanthus nivalis "Fiore Pleno" snowdrops arrived (in the green), so I decided to plant them out before the weather turns nasty again. Put a few under the hawthorn tree to keep the existing ones company, and the rest dotted around the front garden.

My tulips are starting to come up, both the new ones I planted in November and the Tulips That Would Not Die - a small clump that I think were originally one bulb, now all that's left of some that were planted by the previous owners. Given that I've been living in this house for over 21 years, I'm perpetually amazed when they come up again!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(02-02-2021, 10:21 AM)mcdood Wrote: I've made a start, woohoo.

Latah tomato, Chillies:- Loco, De Cayenne and Early Jalapeno

Also Onions: Bedfordshire Champion and Red Brunswick
Good to know I’m not the only one who’s a bit tardy with my chilli sowing.
haven’t sowed any toms at all yet.
btw once the chillis germinate, so they still have to stay in the propagator? I’m running out of space and don’t want them in there if it’s not necessary.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Farendwoman's post:
  • mcdood

mcdood Offline
I move mine onto a windowsill, but I'm no chilli expert, like you I just need the prop space for other stuff.
[-] The following 2 users Like mcdood's post:
  • Farendwoman, Scarlet

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
I haven't sown any chillies yet either, but I'm only growing mild varieties and they don't need as long a growing season as the hot ones. Besides, I need to check my heated propagator is still working first!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eyren's post:
  • mcdood