Looking for inspiration...
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(01-01-2021, 08:18 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Carrots in boxes or large pots on your bench they are up high so no risk of carrot fly.
I grow carrots quite easily in raised beds on the plot. I have two beds full of them just now and I can only eat so many carrots. Smile I definitely like the idea of boxes but not for carrots.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(01-01-2021, 08:32 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 08:18 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Carrots in boxes or large pots on your bench they are up high so no risk of carrot fly.
I grow carrots quite easily in raised beds on the plot. I have two beds full of them just now and I can only eat so many carrots. Smile I definitely like the idea of boxes but not for carrots.
Looks like it’s back to DFB then Wink
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
How about some pots of herbs? Basil - there's several different varieties, lemon grass, sweet potatoes, a pineapple?
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Well, I have ordered seeds for Dwarf Cape Gooseberries (May try a few outdoors as well) and I have put an offer in for  Trinidad Perfume chilli seeds. Cool Still looking for more  inspiration though! Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Just for info, the Trinidad Perfume seeds were £1.50  for 10 seeds and the seller had allowed offers. Now to my mind, if you ask for offers I will ALWAYS make an offer before paying the full price (which was reasonable I may add) My offer of £1.35 + postage of 65p would have made it an even £2.00. The offer was rejected and I paid the £1.50. Cool
I may sound like a tight git, but with nothing to lose, why not!  Big Grin

I am wondering whether Dwarf French Beans will cease to be dwarf if grown under glass?
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’ve had similar experiences. Infuriating. Why both with the offer option if you’re not going to expect any.
Hope that’s a reputable supplier or you could end up with cayenne  Big Grin  Wink .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(05-01-2021, 10:50 AM)Vinny Wrote: Just for info, the Trinidad Perfume seeds were £1.50  for 10 seeds and the seller had allowed offers. Now to my mind, if you ask for offers I will ALWAYS make an offer before paying the full price (which was reasonable I may add) My offer of £1.35 + postage of 65p would have made it an even £2.00. The offer was rejected and I paid the £1.50. Cool

I am wondering whether Dwarf French Beans will cease to be dwarf if grown under glass?
I grow dwarf beans under glass every year - they may be ? A little taller but they do very well for me.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(05-01-2021, 10:56 AM)Small chilli Wrote: I’ve had similar experiences. Infuriating. Why both with the offer option if you’re not going to expect any.
Hope that’s a reputable supplier or you could end up with cayenne  Big Grin  Wink .
Shucks, never thought of that. Cry Cry Cry
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Vinny Offline
(05-01-2021, 08:15 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 10:50 AM)Vinny Wrote: Just for info, the Trinidad Perfume seeds were £1.50  for 10 seeds and the seller had allowed offers. Now to my mind, if you ask for offers I will ALWAYS make an offer before paying the full price (which was reasonable I may add) My offer of £1.35 + postage of 65p would have made it an even £2.00. The offer was rejected and I paid the £1.50. Cool

I grow dwarf beans under glass every year - they may be ? A little taller but they do very well for me.
I once grew climbing French beans up the gable end, just to get some use from it. They did very well. Last year I grew climbers and normal Frenchies outdoors. They both did well but I thought the tendergreen lived up to there name and melted in the mouth. No climbers this year. Rolleyes
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man