Looking for inspiration...
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Thumbs Up 
I have a small 8x6 greenhouse on my allotment plot. Along one side I grow tomatoes . Along the other side I have a bench running the full length and in the past, as well as using it for starting stuff like leeks , onions and brassicas in seed trays, I usually fill it with large pots of chillies and peppers.
This year I have come to the conclusion I don't really need all these chillies and peppers and I was wanting to try summat else for a change? It doesn't have to be a single veg and I am not averse to growing flowers.

I just wondered whether you lot had any ideas of what to grow that was interesting and possibly productive on the greenhouse bench during the summer? Huh
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie

Bren Offline
How about Aubergines, I'm going to give them another go this year in the past I've only ever ended up with pretty purple flowers.
[-] The following 5 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Admin Offline
The Boss
Cape gooseberry? Cant spell Physalis Smile
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 3 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Kiwano, Okra, Melons, melon pears................
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Cucumbers?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Can the Man

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
If you like beetroot, you could grow some in there. I grow some in a polytunnel and they do a lot better than outside. I start in modules and then plant out about 4" apart in groups of 2 or 3 then start eating the thinnings some weeks later. Carrots seem to miss the worst of the fly if I grow some under cover. A box of salad leaves would grow quickly under cover.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
(01-01-2021, 11:25 AM)Bren Wrote: How about Aubergines,  I'm going to give them another go this year in the past I've  only ever ended up with pretty purple flowers.
I've grown them in the past but don't particularly like eating them and the crop was disappointing. Cry
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man

Spec Offline
Vinny, just read veggies new thread about 2021 resolutions where she suggests sowing the seeds from any fruits etc. that you eat, possibly a good idea for the space you will have in your greenhouse, please don't tell her that I thought she had a good idea
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Vinny Offline
(01-01-2021, 11:44 AM)Admin Wrote: Cape gooseberry? Cant spell Physalis Smile
I've grown those in the past but they tried to takeover the greenhouse! Sick I did manage to keep them going for a good few years though in a compost filled dustbin. Cool
If I could find a more compact variety, I may give them another try  as I enjoyed the fruit in the paper lanterns. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
(01-01-2021, 11:52 AM)Veggie Wrote: Kiwano, Okra, Melons, melon pears................
I've grown all of those in the past, some I liked, some I didn't think were worthwhile. They do have novelty value though Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man