What veg. do you miss eating
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Oh my goodness! I remember the Afghan coats too. Mine was knitted/woven rather than embroidered leather both equally undesirable, especially with flares and sandals.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Greenfingers, Veggie

Spec Offline
(29-11-2020, 10:56 AM)Veggie Wrote:
(29-11-2020, 10:45 AM)Can the Man Wrote: Spec just think of 2 of the biggest brands in the world and both are based on Irish dairy - Kerrygold and Baileys. I rest my case  Tongue   Big Grin
So when someone asks for a Baileys, they want a glass of butter???  Huh
I can imagine JJB doing that. Wink

I would have given Veggie 2 likes for that one Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Greenfingers, JJB, Veggie

Spec Offline
Actually it might surprise some of you I usually buy the lowest priced butter when shopping, price doesn't indicate quality, there was a time when the whisky producers reduced the price of their whisky, but one producer couldn't afford to do that and because it was higher priced their sales increased, though the whisky is nice it is not what I would consider the best, it's named after a bird so you can go out a buy some and try it yourself against others but please make sure that its the right type of whiskyBig Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Greenfingers, JJB, Veggie

Spec Offline
With the above post it made me wonder how many people buy seeds from some of the big producers
I am going to start a thread with that question, so that new gardeners might come across the answers so please put your response there
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Greenfingers, JJB

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(29-11-2020, 01:23 PM)Spec Wrote: Actually it might surprise some of you I usually buy the lowest priced butter when shopping, price doesn't indicate quality, there was a time when the whisky producers reduced the price of their whisky, but one producer couldn't afford to do that and because it was higher priced their sales increased, though the whisky is nice it is not what I would consider the best, it's named after a bird so you can go out a buy some and try it yourself against others but please make sure that its the right type of whiskyBig Grin
I buy butter in Home Bargains - its a lot cheaper than the  Smart Price ones and they sell known brands. At the moment its Wyke Farms and before that it was Castle Dairies in Caerphilly, across the mountain from me.

As for whisky, can't stand the stuff, even it is named after a chicken. I gave away several bottles from the back of the cupboard  years ago and have never felt the need to replace them. My neighbour, however, collects them!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Greenfingers, Spec

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(29-11-2020, 01:23 PM)Spec Wrote: Actually it might surprise some of you I usually buy the lowest priced butter when shopping, price doesn't indicate quality, there was a time when the whisky producers reduced the price of their whisky, but one producer couldn't afford to do that and because it was higher priced their sales increased, though the whisky is nice it is not what I would consider the best, it's named after a bird so you can go out a buy some and try it yourself against others but please make sure that its the right type of whiskyBig Grin
And Spec there is no way the right type is famous grouse. Has to be Bushmills 10 year old single malt Irish Whiskey  Big Grin
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Spec

Spec Offline
^^^^^^ oh dear oh dear some folks taste leaves a lot to be desired Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Can the Man