A rather intriguing website and seed catalogue.
Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
I was innocently browsing the internet when I must have stumbled across a time warp page. As a result I have just lost 2 hours, reading the wonderfully worded pages of this website. Along with being fascinated by some of the rather unusual seeds on offer from them, Tiger nut, Sea beet, Nodding Onion....

"A catalogue of seeds of the different sorts of esculent plants that are raised for use in the kitchen" www.thomasetty.co.uk/seeds/index.html
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 2 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Yes, its a fascinating site. Never bought anything from them though I have no doubt that they're quality seeds.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie

Roitelet Offline
Fascinating, thanks Veggie
[-] The following 2 users Like Roitelet's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(16-09-2020, 09:59 PM)Roitelet Wrote: Fascinating, thanks Veggie
Not me - Mamzie did it!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Thanks Mamzie, truly fascinating. Hubby is currently reading vintage railway mags from 1930's and is equally wrapped up in the flowery language.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Mamzie

Roitelet Offline
Sorry Mamzie, crédit where it is due. Fascinating web site, I may even be tempted to order if they will ship to France.
[-] The following 2 users Like Roitelet's post:
  • Mamzie, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I love it too! It's just fabulous- good find Mamzie. To be honest I rarely look at seed sites these days as I don't but that much seed anymore and what I do grow is usually gifted or swapped.

Those dodgy proper packed courgette seed I had this year has put me off for life!

Who suggested to grow the trailing one to see what it was like?? Big Grin I am no longer your friend......it had taken over the world.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Mamzie, Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
(18-09-2020, 08:33 AM)Scarlet Wrote: Who suggested to grow the trailing one to see what it was like?? Big Grin I am no longer your friend......it had taken over the world.

Me Angel  Did it fruit at all?
[-] The following 2 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Mamzie, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(18-09-2020, 09:43 AM)toomanytommytoes Wrote:
(18-09-2020, 08:33 AM)Scarlet Wrote: Who suggested to grow the trailing one to see what it was like?? Big Grin I am no longer your friend......it had taken over the world.

Yes....there were 2. They have covered the whole plot. Over my tayberries, though two rows of beans, through my sweet peas, and then mingled with the gooseberry bushes. I've tried stopping them going through my dahlia patch Big Grin
they are both different. A friend loves Halloween and often does a little mini pumpkin display- she is getting these as a birthday present Big Grin one of them is small, creamy white or yellow with nobly bits on, the other small, green and yellow stripes. No kidding. I must have at least 50.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Mamzie, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller

(18-09-2020, 10:17 AM)Scarlet Wrote:

Yes....there were 2. They have covered the whole plot. Over my tayberries, though two rows of beans, through my sweet peas, and then mingled with the gooseberry bushes. I've tried stopping them going through my dahlia patch Big Grin
they are both different. A friend loves Halloween and often does a little mini pumpkin display- she is getting these as a birthday present Big Grin one of them is small, creamy white or yellow with nobly bits on, the other small, green and yellow stripes. No kidding. I must have at least 50.
Amazing little things Big Grin I couldn't kill it as the fruit is fantastic looking

[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Mamzie, Veggie, Vinny