Garden And Gossip Forums
A rather intriguing website and seed catalogue. - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: A rather intriguing website and seed catalogue. (/showthread.php?tid=544)

Pages: 1 2

A rather intriguing website and seed catalogue. - Mamzie - 16-09-2020

I was innocently browsing the internet when I must have stumbled across a time warp page. As a result I have just lost 2 hours, reading the wonderfully worded pages of this website. Along with being fascinated by some of the rather unusual seeds on offer from them, Tiger nut, Sea beet, Nodding Onion....

"A catalogue of seeds of the different sorts of esculent plants that are raised for use in the kitchen" www.thomasetty.co.uk/seeds/index.html

RE: A rather intriguing website and seed catalogue. - Veggie - 16-09-2020

Yes, its a fascinating site. Never bought anything from them though I have no doubt that they're quality seeds.

RE: A rather intriguing website and seed catalogue. - Roitelet - 16-09-2020

Fascinating, thanks Veggie

RE: A rather intriguing website and seed catalogue. - Veggie - 16-09-2020

(16-09-2020, 09:59 PM)Roitelet Wrote: Fascinating, thanks Veggie
Not me - Mamzie did it!!

RE: A rather intriguing website and seed catalogue. - JJB - 17-09-2020

Thanks Mamzie, truly fascinating. Hubby is currently reading vintage railway mags from 1930's and is equally wrapped up in the flowery language.

RE: A rather intriguing website and seed catalogue. - Roitelet - 17-09-2020

Sorry Mamzie, crédit where it is due. Fascinating web site, I may even be tempted to order if they will ship to France.

RE: A rather intriguing website and seed catalogue. - Scarlet - 18-09-2020

I love it too! It's just fabulous- good find Mamzie. To be honest I rarely look at seed sites these days as I don't but that much seed anymore and what I do grow is usually gifted or swapped.

Those dodgy proper packed courgette seed I had this year has put me off for life!

Who suggested to grow the trailing one to see what it was like?? Big Grin I am no longer your friend......it had taken over the world.

RE: A rather intriguing website and seed catalogue. - toomanytommytoes - 18-09-2020

(18-09-2020, 08:33 AM)Scarlet Wrote: Who suggested to grow the trailing one to see what it was like?? Big Grin I am no longer your friend......it had taken over the world.

Me Angel  Did it fruit at all?

(18-09-2020, 09:43 AM)toomanytommytoes Wrote:
(18-09-2020, 08:33 AM)Scarlet Wrote: Who suggested to grow the trailing one to see what it was like?? Big Grin I am no longer your friend......it had taken over the world.

Yes....there were 2. They have covered the whole plot. Over my tayberries, though two rows of beans, through my sweet peas, and then mingled with the gooseberry bushes. I've tried stopping them going through my dahlia patch Big Grin
they are both different. A friend loves Halloween and often does a little mini pumpkin display- she is getting these as a birthday present Big Grin one of them is small, creamy white or yellow with nobly bits on, the other small, green and yellow stripes. No kidding. I must have at least 50.

(18-09-2020, 10:17 AM)Scarlet Wrote:

Yes....there were 2. They have covered the whole plot. Over my tayberries, though two rows of beans, through my sweet peas, and then mingled with the gooseberry bushes. I've tried stopping them going through my dahlia patch Big Grin
they are both different. A friend loves Halloween and often does a little mini pumpkin display- she is getting these as a birthday present Big Grin one of them is small, creamy white or yellow with nobly bits on, the other small, green and yellow stripes. No kidding. I must have at least 50.
Amazing little things Big Grin I couldn't kill it as the fruit is fantastic looking
[attachment=1288]