Five or Ten a Day - do you?
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
WHO's giving the advice? Show me the sceintific trials that proves the hypothesis? Rolleyes Big pharma dictates our diet with ultra processed food and seed oils.

I've upped my game since 2020 and now try to eat ONLY meat from ruminant animals.No veg, no fruit, and have done for the last 4 months and cope very well thankyou on NONE a day .(I did munch on a blackberry whilst walking Kato though, but gave myself a good telling off afterwards) Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(11-09-2020, 10:39 AM)Vinny Wrote: I never count how many veg I have a day.I am also a confirmed carnivore, usually having meat with most meals. Most of the veg and fruit I eat comes either from the allotment or the hedgerows.

I love fish as well and usually have it twice a week.

Just saying.

(19-09-2023, 04:47 PM)Vinny Wrote: WHO's giving the advice? Show me the sceintific trials that proves the hypothesis? Rolleyes Big pharma dictates our diet with ultra processed food and seed oils.

I've upped my game since 2020 and now try to eat ONLY meat from ruminant animals.No veg, no fruit, and have done for the last 4 months and cope very well thankyou on NONE a day .(I did munch on a blackberry whilst walking Kato though, but gave myself a good telling off afterwards) Big Grin
I knew you'd have an opinion on this Vinny, and, as you so aften say, Each to their own.  Tongue
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Alright, as you say each to there own veggie. Rolleyes

My simplistic opinion is that we have evolved as opportunist omnivours. Meat is a lot more nuticious than a cabbage so meat would have been our first choice for food as it's nutrient dense and once the animal is killed the only thing we have to do is chop it up, cook it if need be and eat it. We would have all the nutrients we need.
If there were no animals to eat, we would eat the cabbage, (or ten diffeernt coloured veggies if you so wish) or whatevr else would fill our tummies for a short time. Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
The early hunter-gatherers would have eaten whatever they could catch or forage, which I understand. These days, the meat that is for sale has little resemblance to those early, free-ranging animals. If you eat organically raised meat, you're getting closer to the original but, these days, livestock can be fed all sorts of mass-produced food supplements and receive all manner of veterinary treatments before it hits your plate. You only have to go back to the BSE outbreak when cattle were fed food supplements that contained parts of other animals, to see how unscrupulous some of the agriculture industry can behave. Whatever you eat, becomes part of you. Antibiotics used on animals pass down, or up, the food chain. Its one of the reasons why I stopped eating meat...........but, each to their own. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I like it especially the herbs & spices. My intake has just rocketed  Big Grin . What about tinned food? Like tomatoes. Would that class as whole foods? Or does it have to be fresh whole foods. 
I’ll do a count of my tea this evening, just out of interest.  Smile
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'd treat tinned tomatoes as tomatoes but only count as 1 a week.
I don't understand what they mean by "powdered food"?
My day's Points are Oats, strawberries, Couscous? mushrooms, courgettes, peanuts and raisins. = 7.

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(19-09-2023, 05:44 PM)Veggie Wrote: The early hunter-gatherers would have eaten whatever they could catch or forage, which I understand. These days, the meat that is for sale has little resemblance to those early, free-ranging animals. If you eat organically raised meat, you're getting closer to the original but, these days, livestock can be fed all sorts of mass-produced food supplements and receive all manner of veterinary treatments before it hits your plate. You only have to go back to the BSE outbreak when cattle were fed food supplements that contained parts of other animals, to see how unscrupulous some of the agriculture industry can behave. Whatever you eat, becomes part of you. Antibiotics used on animals pass down, or up, the food chain. Its one of the reasons why I stopped eating meat...........but, each to their own. Big Grin
...and if you are a cheese/milk fan you are also eating all those antibiotics
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I think I eat well... though much larger than I would like to be Sad
With both my boys Type1 diabetic we ate a lower carb diet as its much easier to manage - no cereals ( though I rarely eat breakfast) porridge is the devils food. Ig you monitor blood sugars eating a bowl of porridge it will sky rocket your blood sugar to serious high levels.
I eat more veg rather than fruit -fruits are high in sugar and should be a treat? So if you want a low carb option, a bowl of stewed fruit is not a good option to top on your porridge.
I eat lots of fish, pulses and beans. Salad and veg.... lots of grapes in the liquid form Wink
I dont count. If I could eat sardines every day I would Big Grin
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Points for this evenings tea. Beef curry
spices = 2 1/4 (cumin, coriander, turmeric, chilli, cardamom, smoked paprika, fenugreek,
Asafoetida, Garam masala)
Tomatoes = 1
Tinned tomatoes = 1
Sweet pepper = 1
Mushrooms = 1
Fresh chillis =1
Beans =1
Rice = 1 ?
Total = 10 1/4
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
So me....my days menu

Smoked salmon, scarmbled eggs, parsley, lemon.

Cod, garlic, spring onions, parsley, broccoli and bean salad - made with a mix of beans, chick peas, cucumber and parsley - garlic oli, white wine dressing

Grapes - liquid ones Smile
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie