Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Sure beats a dock leaf in the woods. Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Mikey, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
We spent two and a half weeks in Japan and never dared use anything but the auto flush setting... But I did like the way the gentle relaxing music and sound of a waterfall (no, not the lady next door) started up when you locked the door in public loos Smile
4k? That's a lot of plants.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 5 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Mikey, Veggie, Vinny

Bren Offline
We kept our outside loo it’s like veggie described ours has rather ornate brackets and a lead lined cistern it’s about the only original thing left in our 1850’s built house. Its handy saves coming in doors for the loo Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Mikey, Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(27-08-2020, 02:42 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: 4k? That's a lot of plants.

Well, I'm glad I read that wrong!
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Jay, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(27-08-2020, 04:47 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(27-08-2020, 02:42 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: 4k? That's a lot of plants.

Well, I'm glad I read that wrong!

Big Grin   Big Grin

[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Jay

Mikey Offline
I think we are a small cross section of the population and I think we got a pretty consistent British response to the concept. Smile

I wonder where our disgust/apprehension/fear originated, it must be something to do with our climate cold and wet weather. Bathing in rivers and streams was not a daily activity, it was far too cold, and we didn’t make sweat lodges like the Scandinavians as we had little snow to run out and roll around in. I wonder when the flap at the back of long johns started. The desire not to bare all I think is part of our historical psyche.

I think it’s funny, the Japanese have a fairly similar humidity level to us are much more reserved than we are but, have fully embraced the shower toilet. I’m not sure what to read into that.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(27-08-2020, 07:27 PM)Mikey Wrote: I think it’s funny, the Japanese have a fairly similar humidity level to us are much more reserved than we are but, have fully embraced the shower toilet. I’m not sure what to read into that.

Don't forget the Japanese onsen which is strictly a clothes- free experience!

[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Mikey  I think sir Thomas Crapper    
will be turning in his grave if he read all these posts, kind of reminds me of the Carry On at your convenience film where they were making the toilet bowls, maybe we can have a remake of the Carry On movie starring the Mikey family  Big Grin  Big Grin  Mikey could play the Sid James role.  Tongue
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Jay, Mikey

SarrissUK Offline
It sounds so fanciful, but really, I think I'll stick to a traditional toilet. My parents put in a bidet when they put in a new bathroom once, but I don't think it ever got used. It's just... weird.
[-] The following 3 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Mikey

Mikey Offline
That’s the point though isn’t it we find it weird, when 80% of the world think it’s perfectly normal. That makes us the weird ones we just haven’t figured it out yet.

The MIkey household have come around to the idea and have accepted it’s on my wish list. My father who had a hip replacement last Saturday thinks it’s a brilliant idea, he doesn’t want my mother helping out back there, and wishes he had one now.

Sometimes it’s only a matter of perspective.

And CTM, I’ll be Kenneth not Sid, ooh Matron. Smile
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man