Hot topic in the Mikey household
Mikey Offline
Ok so we are planning on updating the downstairs bathroom and we got into a heated debate earlier. Over the last few years we’ve seen a rise in Popularity of the shower toilet. The all in one Toilet bidet combo that cleans and dries without the need for paper or human intervention.

The rest of the household are appalled at the thought but, I remember their infancy back around the turn of the century and they are super cool these days. Controllable via an app or remote, automatic lid lifting as you near, integrated night lights, capable of sensing individuals for stored water temperature and cleaning patterns!, forced air at the rim to seal in odours, heated seats, and air drying that reduces in temperature the drier you get. They are the rolls Royce of toilets but,  missus keeled over when I said they were about £4K. Big Grin
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Jay, JJB

Jay Offline
Err...I’m with the family on this one Mikey, sorry!!
West of Scotland
[-] The following 2 users Like Jay's post:
  • JJB, Mikey

Mikey Offline
Jay most people in the UK and America are also appalled as our culture has never really adopted the bidet, continental Europe and swathes of the rest of the world though think we are a little weird in our bathroom habits.

I just checked and it’s estimated that 80% of the world use a bidet, now I feel like a minority. We truly are an island, just not ones that understand how to use the sea shells. (Spot the film reference, 10 points to the victor)
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Jay, JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(26-08-2020, 10:58 PM)Mikey Wrote: Ok so we are planning on updating the downstairs bathroom and we got into a heated debate earlier. Over the last few years we’ve seen a rise in Popularity of the shower toilet. The all in one Toilet bidet combo that cleans and dries without the need for paper or human intervention.

The rest of the household are appalled at the thought but, I remember their infancy back around the turn of the century and they are super cool these days. Controllable via an app or remote, automatic lid lifting as you near, integrated night lights, capable of sensing individuals for stored water temperature and cleaning patterns!, forced air at the rim to seal in odours, heated seats, and air drying that reduces in temperature the drier you get. They are the rolls Royce of toilets but,  missus keeled over when I said they were about £4K. Big Grin
A Shower toilet should give you a shower while you sit on the toilet not just spray your rear end. 
Does it turn the pages of your book too?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 7 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Mikey, Moth, PyreneesPlot, Vinny

Mikey Offline
Sorry V does your shower turn the pages of your book.! Wink you need an audio book V and a Sonos system, Marty where we’re going you don’t need pages. Tongue

They have two separate nozzles one for the front and one for the rear, each gets cleaned as it returns to its little hidey hole. If you read the blurb and you know I’ve read the blurb!!!, the wand has multiple nozzles like a shower head (Hence the name, I think) and different settings such as massage, and fountain, the wand can move in and out and rotate which is why you can programme your preferred options. I think they should rename the nozzle functions to something more descriptive like, full of fibre, or muddy puddle. Big Grin Tongue

I’m gonna find a promo video and link it.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
I will stick with a traditional loo thanks
[-] The following 5 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Mikey, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
SC runs off to google shower toilets  Big Grin . They sound awesome. Even though the toilet for the new build has already been purchased ( well free from local buy & sell fb page ).
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Mikey, Veggie

Mikey Offline
Ok for those a little curious here are two videos the first is more car promo than loo promo. The second is for those that are never parted from their phone. Smile

https://youtu.be/MElr6xza1cU

https://youtu.be/0JEZ8i68uk8
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Mikey Offline
(27-08-2020, 07:12 AM)Admin Wrote: I will stick with a traditional loo thanks

will it be tea or tea father, ahh go on. 

go on. Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Admin Offline
The Boss
I have never understood why you would put a device for washing socks in a bathroom
[-] The following 4 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Mikey