Hot topic in the Mikey household
Jimny14 Offline
I can understand the interest mikey, but I have a few concerns. Is there a manual over ride so you can use it traditionally if the gadgetry fails? I am a fan of technology but do like to be able to revert to a simpler option if required. Also I'm not sure I can currently justify £4k on a toilet. Our bathroom will be getting replaced in the next couple of years but that's a healthy chunk of our budget for the entire bathroom.
[-] The following 5 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Mikey, Veggie

Mikey Offline
Do you only have a cold tap on your Basin, boss? Wink
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Mikey Offline
(27-08-2020, 08:03 AM)Jimny14 Wrote: I can understand the interest mikey, but I have a few concerns. Is there a manual over ride so you can use it traditionally if the gadgetry fails? I am a fan of technology but do like to be able to revert to a simpler option if required. Also I'm not sure I can currently justify £4k on a toilet. Our bathroom will be getting replaced in the next couple of years but that's a healthy chunk of our budget for the entire bathroom.
They are mostly concealed, so you only use them if and when you want them, they are otherwise a normally functioning toilet. The odour filter needs swapping out every 6-12 months depending on use. My daughter is adamant she will not use it if we get one, the OH said the jury’s our, the Grohe, is around £1600 so quite a bit cheaper, than the Geberit mera, and the Kohler Veil is in a whole different price bracket.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Bren Offline
(26-08-2020, 11:13 PM)Mikey Wrote: I just checked and it’s estimated that 80% of the world use a bidet, now I feel like a minority. We truly are an island, just not ones that understand how to use the sea shells. (Spot the film reference, 10 points to the victor)
Mikey years ago  my friend had a bidet she said its best use was for rinsing babies nappies  Big Grin   

That's a thought  what would happen in a power cut it would be as bad as  running out of loo roll.

Demolition man and 10 points to me    Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Mikey, Veggie

Mikey Offline
Well done Bren 10 points. Smile

Older style bidets have a spout that faces downwards so I’ve always thought they were a little flawed, it also didn’t dry you so made me super wary of the hand towels in a house that had a bidet.

Never did the washing nappy thing but, kudos to those that did.

Power cuts aren’t an issue as it still operates like a normal toilet aswell
[-] The following 4 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Jay, JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(27-08-2020, 06:41 AM)Mikey Wrote: Sorry V does your shower turn the pages of your book.! Wink you need an audio book V and a Sonos system, Marty where we’re going you don’t need pages. Tongue

They have two separate nozzles one for the front and one for the rear, each gets cleaned as it returns to its little hidey hole. If you read the blurb and you know I’ve read the blurb!!!, the wand has multiple nozzles like a shower head (Hence the name, I think) and different settings such as massage, and fountain, the wand can move in and out and rotate which is why you can programme your preferred options. I think they should rename the nozzle functions to something more descriptive like, full of fibre, or muddy puddle. Big Grin Tongue

I’m gonna find a promo video and link it.
I'm very sorry, Mikey, but talk of  "each gets cleaned as it returns to its little hidey holes"  makes me wonder about your anatomy and  as for having "muddy puddles"   Sick
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Mikey, PyreneesPlot

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I can't watch the videos as I haven't had my breakfast yet but, I'm going to keep using my sponge on a stick. I had it for my 21st and I'm still using it. Smile
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Mikey, PyreneesPlot

Mikey Offline
You have to watch the videos to understand my jargon, there’s no demonstrations involved.

As for the sponge and stick do you also have jokes on rune sticks next to your sh***ing log V. Tongue
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Hilarious, one and all. No Mikey, I. not convinced either, I can do the job really well with just paper and sometimes a little squeezy liquid I got free off the sewage farm tour hubby took me on (he knows how to show a girl a good time). You do wonder how grandad coped in the dig out privy and torn up newspaper on a hook.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Mikey, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
When I was a nipper, our toilet was outdoors, wooden seat, overhead cistern with long chain and newspaper on a string.
As I sat there I often wondered what the Queen's toilet was like - as I don't think I knew anyone with a posh toilet!!
I decided the Queen's toilet had an ivory seat (not sure how they shaped tusks into a seat, but that's what your imagination can do). It also had a Gold chain.Smile

Its still had an overhead cistern and my imagination didn't stretch to which newspaper was on the string - The Times maybe?
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Mikey