Hot topic in the Mikey household
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(27-08-2020, 07:27 PM)Mikey Wrote: I think we are a small cross section of the population and I think we got a pretty consistent British response to the concept. Smile

I wonder where our disgust/apprehension/fear originated, it must be something to do with our climate cold and wet weather. Bathing in rivers and streams was not a daily activity, it was far too cold, and we didn’t make sweat lodges like the Scandinavians as we had little snow to run out and roll around in. I wonder when the flap at the back of long johns started. The desire not to bare all I think is part of our historical psyche.

I think it’s funny, the Japanese have a fairly similar humidity level to us are much more reserved than we are but, have fully embraced the shower toilet. I’m not sure what to read into that.
I don't have  disgust/apprehension/fear of a shower-toilet - just seems a massive waste of money and over engineering to me.
Now the Japanese toilet that incorporates a hand washbasin in the cistern and uses the water to flush the toilet seems a far better idea to me and one I have actively looked into.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey, Vinny

Mikey Offline
I think that’s more to do with space V, they don’t have any. They need to offset the basin though it’s too difficult to straddle the pan to wash your hands.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man

Mikey Offline
We are constantly redesigning things to make our life easier, how much has the Standard toilet changed since it was invented, apart from the amount of water used very little, compare that with the car. Imagine if the car still looked like it did in the 1880’s. Some things need a new perspective every now and then.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny