Lockdown TV.
JJB Offline
Moonraker
I live near Salisbury. It's a fine city with a beautiful cathedral with much history and pre-history in the surrounding area. Nowadays it's mostly known for the Russian novichok poisonings. We suffered economically through the novichok saga and were just getting back to normal then Covid 19 came along, so the poor city has seen hard times recently. Now when novichok has all but been forgotten, they bring out a drama which will stir it all up again. The programme about how Salisbury coped with the poisonings is on in the next week or so, I hope it will be sensible and not too sensationalistic, there were some true heroes highlighted during that time - hopefully they'll get recognition.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Broadway Offline
As part of researching perennial veg for next year I came across this video/show about “incredible vegetables”, interesting.

https://www.sw1tv.com/series/the-incredi...able-show/
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man

Mikey Offline
I’ve been watching either foreign tv with subtitles like Rita or the spin off Hjordis. A bit of humour like Norsemen, lilyhammer, afterlife or black books. Other than that I’ve recently found YouTube with videos on cooking and baking.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
Years & Years, iPlayer

Broadway Offline
(05-06-2020, 10:04 AM)JJB Wrote: I live near Salisbury.  It's a fine city with a beautiful cathedral with much history and pre-history in the surrounding area.  Nowadays it's mostly known for the Russian novichok poisonings.  We suffered economically through the novichok saga and were just getting back to normal then Covid 19 came along, so the poor city has seen hard times recently.  Now when novichok has all but been forgotten, they bring out a drama which will stir it all up again.  The programme about how Salisbury coped with the poisonings is on in the  next week or so, I hope it will be sensible and not too sensationalistic, there were some true heroes highlighted during that time - hopefully they'll get recognition.
Hiya JJB

I've watched the first episode so far, thought it was good.

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(16-06-2020, 10:46 AM)Broadway Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 10:04 AM)JJB Wrote: I live near Salisbury.  It's a fine city with a beautiful cathedral with much history and pre-history in the surrounding area.  Nowadays it's mostly known for the Russian novichok poisonings.  We suffered economically through the novichok saga and were just getting back to normal then Covid 19 came along, so the poor city has seen hard times recently.  Now when novichok has all but been forgotten, they bring out a drama which will stir it all up again.  The programme about how Salisbury coped with the poisonings is on in the  next week or so, I hope it will be sensible and not too sensationalistic, there were some true heroes highlighted during that time - hopefully they'll get recognition.
Hiya JJB

I agree, I'm really enjoying it.   The story is quite truncated,  as it seems in the programme that the police sergeant got well over just a few days, in reality it was weeks if not months before he was discharged.  I wish we could talk to the professionals  involved to see what was true and what was story.  We in Salisbury only had what the press were told.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Broadway Offline
(16-06-2020, 11:09 AM)JJB Wrote:
(16-06-2020, 10:46 AM)Broadway Wrote:
Hiya JJB

I agree, I'm really enjoying it.   The story is quite truncated,  as it seems in the programme that the police sergeant got well over just a few days, in reality it was weeks if not months before he was discharged.  I wish we could talk to the professionals  involved to see what was true and what was story.  We in Salisbury only had what the press were told.
Well I really enjoyed that, if enjoyed is the right word. Very emotional it was such a nice touch when Dawn’s dad took Charlie to the front of the church at the funeral. Also seeing the real people at the end was a good touch.
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

B-M Offline
Seems a long time since this thread was started............I'm now on S05E08 of Blindspot. Only 3 episodes to go & is getting tense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes B-M's post:
  • Can the Man

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I don't really watch much TV but the days when I've been shattered from gardening I have watched a few cooking episodes of Rick Stein on his travels. I've also watched gardeners world - not really watched it much before all this but have sat and googled while it was on white sipping on a wine Smile

I've also watched one film with Jodie Foster in it and one episode of Master Chef - I love master Chef but the ones with the "celebrities" is useless!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man

Admin Offline
The Boss
Just finished Derek...next up is GOT
[-] The following 1 user Likes Admin's post:
  • Can the Man