Tomato Gallery
Farendwoman Offline
Bloody Butcher
From Tomato Seed Circle
(Thank you!)
First of mine to ripen - they look just like bland, tasteless supermarket “salad tomatoes”, but they have a lovely flavour.
Will definitely be growing these again next year.
Not at all pasty, very juicy and sweet.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 4 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, mcdood, Small chilli, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Saved seed from last year’s Sungold
Clearly not Sungold - not yellow/orange, but red.
It was worth a try, and these are very well flavoured, and juicy, even though they are not Sungold!

[-] The following 4 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, mcdood, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(29-07-2021, 09:40 PM)Can the Man Wrote: This was my first year to grow tomatoes from seed, BUT, an accident happened and my plants got mixed up and I lost the names of some of the tomatoes (I got these from Veggie last year) so I have no idea what some of them are. Here’s hoping some of you might recognise it and tell me what it is please. 
I think it was Scarlet who sent you the seeds - not me. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(30-07-2021, 10:55 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(29-07-2021, 09:40 PM)Can the Man Wrote: This was my first year to grow tomatoes from seed, BUT, an accident happened and my plants got mixed up and I lost the names of some of the tomatoes (I got these from Veggie last year) so I have no idea what some of them are. Here’s hoping some of you might recognise it and tell me what it is please. 
Maybe it was I can’t remember  Confused
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

mcdood Offline
Paul Robeson v Berkeley Tie Dye taste test.

I've been looking forward to my first Berkeley Tie Dye as always get good reviews.
Not the finest looking examples. PR left and BTD right  or top/bottom when you open the images !

Paul Robeson has been one of my favourites for a few years and was much earlier to fruit than Berkeley but wow Berkeley really does taste as good as the reviews say, it almost tastes like it's already been salted. Straight to the top of my must grow list. Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like mcdood's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I think they are cour di bue
The little round Cherry could be anything
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, mcdood

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Smile 
(30-07-2021, 10:55 PM)Veggie Wrote:
Yes t'was me Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
(31-07-2021, 11:32 AM)mcdood Wrote: Paul Robeson v Berkeley Tie Dye taste test.

I've been looking forward to my first Berkeley Tie Dye as always get good reviews.
Not the finest looking examples. PR left and BTD right  or top/bottom when you open the images !

Paul Robeson has been one of my favourites for a few years and was much earlier to fruit than Berkeley but wow Berkeley really does taste as good as the reviews say, it almost tastes like it's already been salted. Straight to the top of my must grow list. Smile

Forgot to mention the saltiness in my post, really interesting. Still the best tomato I've tasted so far. This year I've also got Daniel Burson and Big Cheef for dark tomatoes, but not impressed with either in terms of yield or earliness. I've got a list of dark tomatoes to try and Pink Berkeley Tie-Dye is the bench mark.
[-] The following 3 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • JJB, mcdood, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(31-07-2021, 07:23 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
I think they are cour di bue
The little round Cherry could be anything
Thanks Scarlet that’s them alright, I used them for a tomato sauce base for a chilli recently and it tasted superb.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Three Violet Jasper, one Sungold (that isn’t Sungold) and one Garden Peach.

[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • mcdood, toomanytommytoes, Veggie