Face Masks
Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(18-07-2020, 07:28 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Yes, we had the leaflets ( a good looking firman knocked on my door handing them out  Wink )etc but also local Facebook groups are worth looking at. My friend is on one of those, also the local church. My husband has to shield and even though I said I was able to get everything he said keep the number just Incase I got sick.
A 94 year old friend of my neighbour - who is pretty much blind and on her own has help from the Church Volunteers Group - but she is too embarrassed to ask them to get her whiskey - so I have to get that Big Grin and she doesn't half knock it back Big Grin
You cannot beat a wee dram, no matter what age,  Big Grin
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 4 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Jay, Neffa, Scarlet, Veggie

Neffa Offline
Saw on the news this morning that an interviewed GP was saying she had,had loads of requests from patients for the exemption letter so they wouldn’t have to wear a mask in shops etc.
She said she had, had to reject most of the requests as most did not have a medical condition that warranted exemption.

It’s good that many places are pulling together to help each other out. I do get some help if I ask from a couple of neighbours but most of them are still shielding.

Thank heavens for online shopping.
Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. 

Quote author unknown.
[-] The following 5 users Like Neffa's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mamzie, Scarlet, Veggie

Greenfingers Offline
My husband has been quite resistant to the idea of face masks until now (not that he has been far). However this has now changed when I pointed out that he can go out without shaving and nobody can tell that he looks a scruff!!!
[-] The following 7 users Like Greenfingers's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Mamzie, Neffa, Veggie

Neffa Offline
(21-07-2020, 11:04 AM)Greenfingers Wrote: My husband has been quite resistant to the idea of face masks until now (not that he has been far). However this has now changed when I pointed out that he can go out without shaving and nobody can tell that he looks a scruff!!!
Same here. 

I wear my mask in the local PO/shop etc and no one can see my moustache. 

The only problem I have with them is that they keep riding up so if I don’t pull them down I can’t see where I’m going.
Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. 

Quote author unknown.
[-] The following 5 users Like Neffa's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Greenfingers, Jay, Veggie

Jay Offline
Read this the other day...better to wear a mask than a ventilator! Makes you think!!
West of Scotland
[-] The following 4 users Like Jay's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Neffa, Veggie