Identification
Curly Offline
Probably there will be some members of the forum able to identify me from what we will call a previous life, while others will be like me unable to say who some of the forum members were in their previous life if the have changed their names, so as I like to read novels it made me wonder how many of us can identify famous authors who write books under a different name and if so who, again I am not one who can
[-] The following 1 user Likes Curly's post:
  • Can the Man

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
You're talking in riddles! I haven't the foggiest what you mean?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Curly Offline
Well I wiil try and explain what I mean a simpler way, we all have certain characteristics which identify us, for example my daughter identified me from a distance on a wet day with my hood covering my head by the way I walked, I don't have a limp which would make identification easier it's just simply the way I move, I am not sure whither I move like a panther or plod like an elephant and I didn't ask, so do we have identifieing characteristics in out writing even with a name change with which we can be identified from previous meetings, with some folk yes I can identify them while with others I can't. So as there have been several famous authors who have produced other novels under a different name some people have identified them by certain characteristics in their writing so I wondered if any members of the forum can identify some authors who have done this, I can't say that I ever have done this
[-] The following 2 users Like Curly's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
You can identifi me from my bad speling and miss use of punctuation  Tongue  Wink .
And I’m talking the same old **it  Big Grin
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Reading books? Who has time to read at this time of year, except for 20 minutes at bed time, and then its something to put me to sleep!
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Can the Man

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(07-07-2020, 07:53 AM)Curly Wrote: Well I wiil try and explain what I mean a simpler way, we all have certain characteristics which identify us, for example my daughter identified me from a distance on a wet day with my hood covering my head by the way I walked, I don't have a limp which would make identification easier it's just simply the way I move, I am not sure whither I move like a panther or plod like an elephant and I didn't ask, so do we have identifieing characteristics in out writing even with a name change with which we can be identified from previous meetings, with some folk yes I can identify them while with others I can't. So as there have been several famous authors who have produced other novels under a different name some people have identified them by certain characteristics in their writing so I wondered if any members of the forum can identify some authors  who have done this, I can't say that I ever have done this
I knew who you were on Plot2plate and on here by the way you write, Curly, but I know nothing about whether you have anything limp (and have no wish to either).  At your age...........!!!!

However, I still can't decide whether it was Francis Bacon or Walter Raleigh who wrote Shakespeare's plays. Some nights I can't sleep thinking about it.
Do you know, Curly? You've spent a lot of time in the Library.  Tongue
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet

Curly Offline
(07-07-2020, 10:00 AM)JJB Wrote: Reading books? Who has time to read at this time of year, except for 20 minutes at bed time, and then its something to put me to sleep!

(07-07-2020, 10:20 AM)Veggie Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 07:53 AM)Curly Wrote: Well I wiil try and explain what I mean a simpler way, we all have certain characteristics which identify us, for example my daughter identified me from a distance on a wet day with my hood covering my head by the way I walked, I don't have a limp which would make identification easier it's just simply the way I move, I am not sure whither I move like a panther or plod like an elephant and I didn't ask, so do we have identifieing characteristics in out writing even with a name change with which we can be identified from previous meetings, with some folk yes I can identify them while with others I can't. So as there have been several famous authors who have produced other novels under a different name some people have identified them by certain characteristics in their writing so I wondered if any members of the forum can identify some authors  who have done this, I can't say that I ever have done this
I knew who you were on Plot2plate and on here by the way you write, Curly, but I know nothing about whether you have anything limp (and have no wish to either).  At your age...........!!!!

However, I still can't decide whether it was Francis Bacon or Walter Raleigh who wrote Shakespeare's plays. Some nights I can't sleep thinking about it.
Do you know, Curly? You've spent a lot of time in the Library.  Tongue

JJB I have other ways of getting to sleep rather than reading in bed, and veggie believe me there is absolutely nothing limp about me
[-] The following 2 users Like Curly's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Too much information!
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Mikey Offline
Crikey this went off topic fast....!

I often don't recognise people I know when they are stood in front of me, so to ask me to recognise an author under a different name or a forum member under a new signon would be pointless. You all sound the same to me, I read what you write and it's always my voice I hear.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga

Admin Online
The Boss
This was written by Admin....or was it Greenleaves?
[-] The following 3 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mikey