Garden And Gossip Forums
Identification - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Identification (/showthread.php?tid=322)

Identification - Curly - 06-07-2020

Probably there will be some members of the forum able to identify me from what we will call a previous life, while others will be like me unable to say who some of the forum members were in their previous life if the have changed their names, so as I like to read novels it made me wonder how many of us can identify famous authors who write books under a different name and if so who, again I am not one who can

RE: Identification - Veggie - 06-07-2020

You're talking in riddles! I haven't the foggiest what you mean?

RE: Identification - Curly - 07-07-2020

Well I wiil try and explain what I mean a simpler way, we all have certain characteristics which identify us, for example my daughter identified me from a distance on a wet day with my hood covering my head by the way I walked, I don't have a limp which would make identification easier it's just simply the way I move, I am not sure whither I move like a panther or plod like an elephant and I didn't ask, so do we have identifieing characteristics in out writing even with a name change with which we can be identified from previous meetings, with some folk yes I can identify them while with others I can't. So as there have been several famous authors who have produced other novels under a different name some people have identified them by certain characteristics in their writing so I wondered if any members of the forum can identify some authors who have done this, I can't say that I ever have done this

RE: Identification - Small chilli - 07-07-2020

You can identifi me from my bad speling and miss use of punctuation  Tongue  Wink .
And I’m talking the same old **it  Big Grin

RE: Identification - JJB - 07-07-2020

Reading books? Who has time to read at this time of year, except for 20 minutes at bed time, and then its something to put me to sleep!

RE: Identification - Veggie - 07-07-2020

(07-07-2020, 07:53 AM)Curly Wrote: Well I wiil try and explain what I mean a simpler way, we all have certain characteristics which identify us, for example my daughter identified me from a distance on a wet day with my hood covering my head by the way I walked, I don't have a limp which would make identification easier it's just simply the way I move, I am not sure whither I move like a panther or plod like an elephant and I didn't ask, so do we have identifieing characteristics in out writing even with a name change with which we can be identified from previous meetings, with some folk yes I can identify them while with others I can't. So as there have been several famous authors who have produced other novels under a different name some people have identified them by certain characteristics in their writing so I wondered if any members of the forum can identify some authors  who have done this, I can't say that I ever have done this
I knew who you were on Plot2plate and on here by the way you write, Curly, but I know nothing about whether you have anything limp (and have no wish to either).  At your age...........!!!!

However, I still can't decide whether it was Francis Bacon or Walter Raleigh who wrote Shakespeare's plays. Some nights I can't sleep thinking about it.
Do you know, Curly? You've spent a lot of time in the Library.  Tongue

RE: Identification - Curly - 07-07-2020

(07-07-2020, 10:00 AM)JJB Wrote: Reading books? Who has time to read at this time of year, except for 20 minutes at bed time, and then its something to put me to sleep!

(07-07-2020, 10:20 AM)Veggie Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 07:53 AM)Curly Wrote: Well I wiil try and explain what I mean a simpler way, we all have certain characteristics which identify us, for example my daughter identified me from a distance on a wet day with my hood covering my head by the way I walked, I don't have a limp which would make identification easier it's just simply the way I move, I am not sure whither I move like a panther or plod like an elephant and I didn't ask, so do we have identifieing characteristics in out writing even with a name change with which we can be identified from previous meetings, with some folk yes I can identify them while with others I can't. So as there have been several famous authors who have produced other novels under a different name some people have identified them by certain characteristics in their writing so I wondered if any members of the forum can identify some authors  who have done this, I can't say that I ever have done this
I knew who you were on Plot2plate and on here by the way you write, Curly, but I know nothing about whether you have anything limp (and have no wish to either).  At your age...........!!!!

However, I still can't decide whether it was Francis Bacon or Walter Raleigh who wrote Shakespeare's plays. Some nights I can't sleep thinking about it.
Do you know, Curly? You've spent a lot of time in the Library.  Tongue

JJB I have other ways of getting to sleep rather than reading in bed, and veggie believe me there is absolutely nothing limp about me

RE: Identification - JJB - 07-07-2020

Too much information!

RE: Identification - Mikey - 07-07-2020

Crikey this went off topic fast....!

I often don't recognise people I know when they are stood in front of me, so to ask me to recognise an author under a different name or a forum member under a new signon would be pointless. You all sound the same to me, I read what you write and it's always my voice I hear.

RE: Identification - Admin - 07-07-2020

This was written by Admin....or was it Greenleaves?