What keeps you busy
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
*** Waves*....... Hi, I am  a male last time I looked! Big Grin  Big Grin

Allotment and garden are blown to bits at the mo with fruit tree pots being blown over at home and a row of broadies being blown over at allotment. Had to earth up my broccoli plants as they were at a strange angle and spinning in the wind! Angry

What keeps me busy? Retirement. Cool  As my signature states, I don't know where I found the time to fit in a job. Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Curly, its your time to enlighten everyone about yourself! You haven't even introduced yourself.
Tongue
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(29-06-2020, 11:59 AM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Mr PP is a slash and burner and will do anything in the garden that requires power. He needs very close monitoring, and would do everything with either a ride-on mower, chainsaw or industrial shredder given the chance. He is not.

I'm the grower, designer, weeder, picker and pickler.
 I am married to PPs husbands twin - he doesn't do any gardening except th slash and burn and it's usually something I've been waiting to flower for years Sad

When I'm not in the garden I like to cook- today was cheese scones.

When  I'm not doing in the kitchen I like to make and do Smile 
Today I'm setting these stones in silver ready to make some earrings

[-] The following 8 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Mikey, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I work full time for the NHS and things have been rather busy over the last few months! Now we are seeing (far) fewer cases of coronavirus, we are playing a huge game of catch-up and trying to get as much done before things kick off again with the pandemic. I'm also trying to move house to another city, even though there have only been three suitably-located houses listed to rent in the past month, while also gearing up to buy a house at some point in the next few months. So, I'm tired, fed-up, stressed, and worried about being homeless in just over a month... Despite this, I'm largely staying on top of my little container garden, and the more fertile half of my garden bed. However, staying completely on top of the forum as well might be the straw that breaks the camel's back!
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 6 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
You deserve a medal Proserpina, in more ways than one. It's a minor miracle that you have the time or inclination to join us on the forum, but we are very pleased you do.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Proserpina, Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
You're always welcome, Proserpina, whenever you can look in. I sincerely hope that everything works out as you would like..xx
  • Can the Man, JJB, Proserpina

Curly Offline
(29-06-2020, 08:50 PM)Proserpina Wrote: However, staying completely on top of the forum as well might be the straw that breaks the camel's back!

Thanks for taking the time to answer Proserpina, you do know a forum like this is a great place to let off some steam if you need to there are always kind people willing to help among Gardeners I wish you well on the house front
[-] The following 2 users Like Curly's post:
  • Can the Man, Proserpina

Curly Offline
(29-06-2020, 03:49 PM)Veggie Wrote: Curly, its your time to enlighten everyone about yourself! You haven't even introduced yourself.
Tongue
Number 28 on the introduce yourself thread 
[-] The following 2 users Like Curly's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(29-06-2020, 10:25 AM)Curly Wrote: As there are a number of women on this forum is it the women who do most of the gardening or are the men too busy with other things to join a gardening forum
I’m a man Smile , I do all the work in the garden but the OH loves to tell everybody about what the royal ‘We’ grow in the garden and the poly tunnel. I also do all the cooking she looks after the cleaning, washing general housework etc. It’s worked for nearly 40 years now.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 4 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, Mikey, Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(30-06-2020, 12:20 AM)Curly Wrote:
(29-06-2020, 03:49 PM)Veggie Wrote: Curly, its your time to enlighten everyone about yourself! You haven't even introduced yourself.
Tongue
Number 28 on the introduce yourself thread 

Hardly an Introduction! You're supposed to tell us a little about yourself or we just have to guess!

Here's a few questions you could answer..............

Are you a man or a woman? 
Where do you live?
Do you work or are you retired?
Do you have an allotment?
What are your best features?
Have you ever done anything memorable?
Do you have any pets?
Are you good looking/beautiful?
Do you have your own teeth?
Do you have any money?

I'm sure you can think of more information that you'd like to share with us. We're a nosey bunch and we like photos. Smile Cool
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB