Sitting at the table
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(18-06-2023, 11:29 PM)Veggie Wrote: I've just done the day's washing up, as usual. Its the last thing I do before heading off to bed. The dishes pile up in the sink all day long but its only a bowl full at the end of the day. I only wash up during the day if I've been cooking with the pressure cooker or something big that takes up too much room in the bowl.
The clean dishes stay on the drainer until the following morning when they are put away, apart from the breakfast dishes and cups which are used immediately.
I do have a dishwasher but can't remember how many years it is since it was used. Its just another cupboard to me.
I usually do the dishes while I am cooking brekkie as I can reach the sink, hob and cooker without moving my feet position! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Our dishwasher is a cupboard too - but the one where we store the dirty stuff until it's full enough to run, usually every other day! We hand wash the posh wine glasses and that's about it. It's a brave person who opens the machine the day after we've had fish ...  Sick

Were table eaters for dinner, it used to be outside on the terrace pretty much most of the spring, summer and autumn but like much of the country we're now plagued by tiger mosquitos (They're very diificult to eradicate, the female laying her eggs on a solid surface above where she anticipates water may collect, and the eggs can survive months unhatched, even right through a freezing winter. Our neighbour has a large puddle filled flat roof.) making outdoors day and night a pretty bitey place Sad I get bitten up to a dozen times a day when gardening! So now it's indoors at the table, usually about 7pm so we can listen to the 6.30 comedy on R4 during the week.

The only exceptions are to watch the rugby when we eat on our knee. As I'm the rugby fan and the cook I can dictate the rules Big Grin
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, JJB, Veggie