Sitting at the table
Knotty Offline
Just wondering if we are the only ones that always sit at the table to eat?  I know lots sit eating off of trays watching the tele.  Even if its only fish and chips, plates are warmed, table set, more often than  not fresh flowers from the garden in a vase in the middle of table.  I remember my Mum always did the same and even had a cloth serviette every day until her 90's and she lived on her own,  Funny the things we carry on doing from our parents.
Greetings from Dorset
I am always happy in the garden
[-] The following 6 users Like Knotty's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Moth, PyreneesPlot, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I admire you, Knotty. Sorry to say that my standards have slipped over the years. I still eat at a table but its in the kitchen where everything is at hand.
You know how you're supposed to design your kitchen based around a triangle of cooker, fridge, sink - well, mine's a rectangle that includes a table to eat at.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Knotty, Vinny

Knotty Offline
(18-06-2023, 04:09 PM)Veggie Wrote: I admire you, Knotty. Sorry to say that my standards have slipped over the years. I still eat at a  table but its in the kitchen where everything is at hand.
You know how you're supposed to design your kitchen based around a triangle of cooker, fridge, sink - well, mine's a rectangle that includes a table to eat at.
Oh we have a large old pine table in the middle of our kitchen where we eat but Sundays its the dining room.
Greetings from Dorset
I am always happy in the garden
[-] The following 3 users Like Knotty's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
When I was married, we ate every evening meal in the dining room. Now I can't even see the top of the dining table as its covered in junk that needs to be given away. Where's the embarrassed smiley? Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Breakfast and lunch at the breakfast bar in the kitchen. Evening meal in the lounge/dining room at the table. When the lad was home we all sat at the table and had the same meal. We don't often have flowers or cloth napkins though.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Lately Ive been eating most of my meals al fresco, on my knee ,sitting on my rickety chair on the decking! I do use a plate of course! Rolleyes

I have a biggish house with rooms a plenty but have never felt the need for a table? Maybe I am just a slob at heart! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Knotty, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
At the moment my excuse is the dining room table is packed. But even before it was we eat off tray’s watching the TV. I intend to eat at the table in the new house. Not mentioned that to Bob yet. We never eat before 7. Regularly it’s between 8.30 & 9pm . Especially in the summer. That’s when the good stuff’s on the TV anyway ( if there’s ever anything good on ) .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Bren Offline
Breakfast is eaten at my PC desk, lunch if it's a sandwich on the sofa,if it's soup, jacket potatoes or something on toast we use the table. Dinner is always eaten in the lounge/dinner with the table set.

TV goes on in the evening at around 9 until 10-30 ish but that's about it I soon get bored sat watching it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(18-06-2023, 06:35 PM)Small chilli Wrote: At the moment my excuse is the dining room table is packed. But even before it was we eat off tray’s watching the TV. I intend to eat at the table in the new house. Not mentioned that to Bob yet. We never eat before 7. Regularly it’s between 8.30 & 9pm . Especially in the summer. That’s when the good stuff’s on the TV anyway ( if there’s ever anything good on ) .

We have ours at 6pm, I never fancy clearing up if we eat later. I couldn't face washing up and tidying the kitchen at 9 or 10. Not having a dishwasher (except P)  and dishwashers don't clear away the cooking stuff (nor does P)  Rolleyes
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 5 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Farendwoman, Mark_Riga, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've just done the day's washing up, as usual. Its the last thing I do before heading off to bed. The dishes pile up in the sink all day long but its only a bowl full at the end of the day. I only wash up during the day if I've been cooking with the pressure cooker or something big that takes up too much room in the bowl.
The clean dishes stay on the drainer until the following morning when they are put away, apart from the breakfast dishes and cups which are used immediately.
I do have a dishwasher but can't remember how many years it is since it was used. Its just another cupboard to me.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Small chilli, Vinny