Fruit frame
Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
My son has built a fruit frame onto my raised bed that my blueberries grow in.
I’m very happy I can now get more ericaceous compost and replant 3 and 3 bushes and 1 cranberry bush in each section.

Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 10 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Admin, Bren, Broadway, Farendwoman, JJB, Mark_Riga, Scarlet, Small chilli, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Very nice, Can. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Ooh, that’s a perfect little quail enclosure  Cool (Once you add their little house  Big Grin  ) . They would like running around under the fruit bushes. Egg collection would be a bugger thought. They barely brake stride when laying  Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Oh to have a son that builds things. That is definitely a fine construction.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, Veggie

Bren Offline
That does look handy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(29-03-2023, 08:23 AM)Small chilli Wrote: Ooh, that’s a perfect little quail enclosure  Cool (Once you add their little house  Big Grin  ) . They would like running around under the fruit bushes. Egg collection would be a bugger thought. They barely brake stride when laying  Big Grin .
Sadly our lifestyle means we can’t keep birds or any animals, I travel with my job, my wife doesn’t do animals especially birds as she sees then as a source for attracting vermin, she remembers me shooting rats in the hen run in my fathers house when we only were going out together.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(29-03-2023, 09:50 AM)JJB Wrote: Oh to have a son that builds things. That is definitely a  fine construction.
It’s great when you can get him, but because he works for himself he can be difficult to get. I have been trying to get him for a days work for over a month. I got him to replace the tap in the bathroom of my camper van, fit a blackout roller blind in our bedroom that every time I fit it it falls back down, fit a water butt on my patio that takes rain water from ther roofed pergola and make the fruit frame.

You can see no hoses for the water butt in the patio area it comes through the fence from the down pipe on the other side.
[-] The following 3 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
All very tidy Can. Not a hose to be seen.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I spent 2 hours tonight putting 9x60L bags of ericaceous compost into the new blueberries extended raised bed. 7 went into the new bed and 2 into the existing bed. I gave a good feed of granular seaweed , transplanted 3 blueberry bushes into the new bed giving their roots a good feed of seaweed root booster, then put a cranberry bush in each bed again with a root soak in the seaweed root booster. Now all I need to do is empty about 300 used coffee pods and spread the coffee onto the beds as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Update on my blueberry frame, the blueberries are flowering now, however no sign of anything happening on the cranberries.

[-] The following 3 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Bren, Scarlet, Veggie