Garden And Gossip Forums
Fruit frame - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: From seed to plant (edibles) (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Everything Fruity (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Thread: Fruit frame (/showthread.php?tid=1853)

Pages: 1 2

Fruit frame - Can the Man - 28-03-2023

My son has built a fruit frame onto my raised bed that my blueberries grow in.
I’m very happy I can now get more ericaceous compost and replant 3 and 3 bushes and 1 cranberry bush in each section.

[attachment=6012]

RE: Fruit frame - Veggie - 28-03-2023

Very nice, Can. Smile

RE: Fruit frame - Small chilli - 29-03-2023

Ooh, that’s a perfect little quail enclosure  Cool (Once you add their little house  Big Grin  ) . They would like running around under the fruit bushes. Egg collection would be a bugger thought. They barely brake stride when laying  Big Grin .

RE: Fruit frame - JJB - 29-03-2023

Oh to have a son that builds things. That is definitely a fine construction.

RE: Fruit frame - Bren - 29-03-2023

That does look handy.

RE: Fruit frame - Can the Man - 02-04-2023

(29-03-2023, 08:23 AM)Small chilli Wrote: Ooh, that’s a perfect little quail enclosure  Cool (Once you add their little house  Big Grin  ) . They would like running around under the fruit bushes. Egg collection would be a bugger thought. They barely brake stride when laying  Big Grin .
Sadly our lifestyle means we can’t keep birds or any animals, I travel with my job, my wife doesn’t do animals especially birds as she sees then as a source for attracting vermin, she remembers me shooting rats in the hen run in my fathers house when we only were going out together.

RE: Fruit frame - Can the Man - 02-04-2023

(29-03-2023, 09:50 AM)JJB Wrote: Oh to have a son that builds things. That is definitely a  fine construction.
It’s great when you can get him, but because he works for himself he can be difficult to get. I have been trying to get him for a days work for over a month. I got him to replace the tap in the bathroom of my camper van, fit a blackout roller blind in our bedroom that every time I fit it it falls back down, fit a water butt on my patio that takes rain water from ther roofed pergola and make the fruit frame.
[attachment=6047][attachment=6046]

You can see no hoses for the water butt in the patio area it comes through the fence from the down pipe on the other side.

RE: Fruit frame - JJB - 02-04-2023

All very tidy Can. Not a hose to be seen.

RE: Fruit frame - Can the Man - 03-04-2023

I spent 2 hours tonight putting 9x60L bags of ericaceous compost into the new blueberries extended raised bed. 7 went into the new bed and 2 into the existing bed. I gave a good feed of granular seaweed , transplanted 3 blueberry bushes into the new bed giving their roots a good feed of seaweed root booster, then put a cranberry bush in each bed again with a root soak in the seaweed root booster. Now all I need to do is empty about 300 used coffee pods and spread the coffee onto the beds as well.

RE: Fruit frame - Can the Man - 07-05-2023

Update on my blueberry frame, the blueberries are flowering now, however no sign of anything happening on the cranberries.

[attachment=6301]
[attachment=6302]
[attachment=6303]