2023 - What's made you Happy today?
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I am happy today to be receiving my quarterly gas & electric bill! RolleyesThe reason I am happy is that tecause of my frugality (rather put a jumper on than the heating) and receiving government subsidies has meant instead of having a bill, I am £142 in CREDIT! ......Yay. Big Grin

I utilise the logburner which heats my 'chillout' room plus the kitchen and that's all I need! The doors to the rest of the house are shut off and my living area gets toasty! Smile
I do have to buy some logs but I also scrounge timber whenever and wherever I can. I get the chainsaw out when I have enough to make it worthwhile.

I don't get colds and spend a lot of time outdoors. I only put the central heating on if I am having a shower.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 6 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Farendwoman, Jay, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Very impressed - congratulations!
And …. Roll on warmer weather.
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Jay, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(05-03-2023, 10:27 AM)Vinny Wrote: I am happy today to be receiving my quarterly gas & electric bill! RolleyesThe reason I am happy is that tecause of my frugality (rather put a jumper on than the heating) and receiving government subsidies has meant instead of having a bill, I am £142 in CREDIT! ......Yay. Big Grin

I utilise the logburner which heats my 'chillout' room plus the kitchen and that's all I need! The doors to the rest of the house are shut off and my living area gets toasty! Smile
I do have to buy some logs but I also scrounge timber whenever and wherever I can. I get the chainsaw out when I have enough to make it worthwhile.

I don't get colds and spend a lot of time outdoors. I only put the central heating on if I am having a shower.
I wonder whether I should give the government the £142 back! Huh Cry Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
Manure math and popping seedlings. I've been ever so good this year, only starting seeds in the cold (several panels missing levels of cold) greenhouse and they're starting to germinate.
[-] The following 5 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Proserpina, Scarlet, Veggie

Bren Offline
Todays sunshine.
[-] The following 5 users Like Bren's post:
  • Farendwoman, Jay, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Pricking out seedlings in the warmth of a sunny GH. Doesn't a little bit of sunshine make life so much more agreeable. Some of the seedlings are DJ's purple/red sweet peas saved on 2020. They're thriving.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 5 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Farendwoman, Jay, Proserpina, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
Big Grin 
(17-03-2023, 04:22 PM)JJB Wrote: Pricking out seedling in the warmth of a sunny GH. Doesn't a little bit of sunshine make life so much more agreeable.  Some of the seedlings are DJ's purple/red sweet peas saved on 2020. They're thriving.
This makes me happy too  Cool hopefully they turn out to be at least one of those colours....   Rolleyes
[-] The following 5 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Farendwoman, Jay, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(17-03-2023, 04:35 PM)doublyjonah Wrote:
(17-03-2023, 04:22 PM)JJB Wrote: Pricking out seedling in the warmth of a sunny GH. Doesn't a little bit of sunshine make life so much more agreeable.  Some of the seedlings are DJ's purple/red sweet peas saved on 2020. They're thriving.
This makes me happy too  Cool hopefully they turn out to be at least one of those colours....   Rolleyes

I'm not worried what colour they are, sweetpeas are fine whatever colour.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 5 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Jay, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Picked my first Courgette today. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Garrett, JJB, Proserpina

JJB Offline
Moonraker
BAH! Bijou to you Big Grin
Pictures of the plant please just to make me jealous Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie