2023 - What's made you Happy today?
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(18-01-2023, 03:26 PM)JJB Wrote:
(18-01-2023, 02:08 PM)Vinny Wrote: After yesterday's nightmare with my washing machine self destructing and flooding my kitchen I was pleased to receive my new washer replacement from Argos today! Cool
I put the old washer out for the scrapman last night and when I got up this morning it had gone. Cool

I have steps up to my door and was worried I would somehow have to manage the new washer up these steps. Not so, a two man team (well acrtaully one woman and one man) delivered the washer, carried it up the steps (even though I offered to help) and placed it exactly where I wanted it in the house! Cool

Top marks to Argos delivery team! Cool

A good day today then Vinny.  Did you leave the old one out for a random scrap man,  in the hopes that someone would find use for it or for an organised pick up?
No, I just bunged it by the gate knowing the scrapmen were always mooching around (It just so happens that my neighbor across the road from me has a boyfreind who works at a scrap yard, so maybe he got some inside information?) Bettr than having to pay to have it taken away. Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
A good day at work, and good news about my friend getting a great new job, and the news that he will be selling fertiliser so if I ever need any, he'll sort it out lol

It also looks like my new job will be made permanent, via a two year contract which means I'm essentially permanent at this level.
[-] The following 6 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Another Seed Swap has been started locally - that's 2 Swaps I can go to in February. Big Grin Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Jay Offline
This was yesterday not today but thought I’d share. Had a long overdue visit from 2 of my brothers and my niece. 1 brother and niece home from Australia so that was fab!!
West of Scotland
[-] The following 6 users Like Jay's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
Someone else has posted about a seed swap in my village, which makes me very happy! I tried last year, but it was the wrong time of year and I got very little interest.
[-] The following 3 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, Proserpina, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I am almost at the end of a truly horrendous run of on-calls. Almost!
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 3 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

JJB Online
Moonraker
Finally a proper cup of tea and a hunk of cheese. The milk ban is over. YAY!
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 7 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Proserpina, SarrissUK, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
A while ago I had Lithotripsy to try and obliterate a large kidney stone. I recently had an X-Ray to see if it had worked? Huh

Today I got a letter to say it had been a success and I now had no kidney stones in my system and I was being discharged from the clinic! Yay!!!! Big Grin

The other two happenings which pale into insignificance are that I recieived a top hitch for the Fergi that I had purchased on Ebay and also a tin of Ferguson grey paint! Cool
The tractor seat is now sitting on newspaper on the kitchen workbench with its first coat of paint! Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 8 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Proserpina, SarrissUK, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(25-01-2023, 12:40 PM)Veggie Wrote: Another Seed Swap has been started locally - that's 2 Swaps I can go to in February. Big Grin Big Grin
Its tomorrow - The Big Splott Seed Swap in a community garden that I've never been too. I doubt if I'll sleep tonight - too excited.  Rolleyes
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

JJB Online
Moonraker
(04-02-2023, 12:49 AM)Veggie Wrote:
(25-01-2023, 12:40 PM)Veggie Wrote: Another Seed Swap has been started locally - that's 2 Swaps I can go to in February. Big Grin Big Grin
Its tomorrow - The Big Splott Seed Swap in a community garden that I've never been too. I doubt if I'll sleep tonight - too excited.  Rolleyes

I saw that on FB and was really jealous (saw you were intersted).  I was looking for SS 's around here, but nothing locally. Sad
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny