2023 - What's made you Happy today?
JJB Offline
Moonraker
(21-10-2023, 08:00 PM)Small chilli Wrote: My Stanley knife has been missing for months. I let Bob use it. Mr I’m incapable of putting anything away!
So I’ve been searching high and low for it. It was my Grandads. I found it today. That’s made me very happy.

Where was it?  P says he really understands that. He has tools from when he started work, umpteen years ago, that are very precious.  We spent weeks looking for a lost blue handled screwdriver (part of a set) he was heartbroken to have lost it.  We eventually found it in next door's top cubby in her wardrobe, hidden amongst her jumpers. He must have put it down when he was up the ladder fixing the wardrobe top cupboard catch.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
My happy today is being on the IOW ferry in the sunshine. I'm making the most of it because the forecast isn't that great for next week.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(22-10-2023, 09:00 AM)JJB Wrote:
(21-10-2023, 08:00 PM)Small chilli Wrote: My Stanley knife has been missing for months. I let Bob use it. Mr I’m incapable of putting anything away!
So I’ve been searching high and low for it. It was my Grandads. I found it today. That’s made me very happy.

Where was it?  P says he really understands that. He has tools from when he started work, umpteen years ago, that are very precious.  We spent weeks looking for a lost blue handled screwdriver (part of a set) he was heartbroken to have lost it.  We eventually found it in next door's top cubby in her wardrobe, hidden amongst her jumpers. He must have put it down when he was up the ladder fixing the wardrobe top cupboard catch.
It was in a bag of spare gutter clips and end caps. I found the bag in the attic. Brought it downstairs because bobs in the process of doing the garage guttering and thought he might need some of it. I didn’t actually have a rummage as I didn’t know what he needed. So just drop the bag of bits in the garage. Bob instantly dived in, being drawn to bags of stuff. Found my knife in the bottom of the bag. I knew someone would understand. Should of guessed it would be P  Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
The rose I ordered on my birthday has finally arrived. It was supposed to arrive between 22nd & 26th October.  It’s taken so long and several emails. That a replacement rose was dispatched this morning   Rolleyes . Unfortunately they’ve used the same courier so no doubt that one will take ages to arrive and be delivered to an address over 20 miles away, like this one!! By an incompetent, lazy 3rd party courier (we know exactly who he is).

Sorry that started turning into a bit of a rant!

I’m very happy my Seven Sisters rose has arrived.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
So two roses instead of one?? Big Grin That makes me happy too!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Small chilli

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
My happiness bargain for today was a vaiagated Hosta from Morries for 35p. I't's outer leaves are starting to go brown (as they do before dying off completely for winter) but it's a good strong plant in a large pot. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Not a garden happy but a happy nonetheless, front and back false floors replaced in the Picasso Smile tomorrow might be centre console and maybe even seats.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(08-11-2023, 08:51 PM)JJB Wrote: Not a garden happy but a happy nonetheless,  front and back false floors replaced in the Picasso Smile tomorrow might be centre console and maybe even seats.
You've reminded me that I had a Citroen 2CV once. You could take it apart in all sorts of ways - take the doors off, the back seat out, the roof off. Must be a Citroen thing. It was great fun!
You're doing well dismantling your car, Has the engine dried out now?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(08-11-2023, 09:04 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(08-11-2023, 08:51 PM)JJB Wrote: Not a garden happy but a happy nonetheless,  front and back false floors replaced in the Picasso Smile tomorrow might be centre console and maybe even seats.
You've reminded me that I had a Citroen 2CV once. You could take it apart in all sorts of ways - take the doors off, the back seat out, the roof off. Must be a Citroen thing. It was great fun!
I'm sure I read some where of a Citron 2cv that broke down in the desert and the guy reasembled the parts and drove it out like a motorbike? Big Grin

I thought veggie was going to say she had a Piccaso hanging on her toilet wall with all the money she had saved! Tongue
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(09-11-2023, 12:12 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(08-11-2023, 09:04 PM)Veggie Wrote:
I'm sure I read some where of a Citron 2cv that broke down in the desert and the guy reasembled the parts and drove it out like a motorbike? Big Grin

I thought veggie was going to say she had a Piccaso hanging on her toilet wall with all the money she had saved! Tongue
No Picasso, just a stylised rose that looks like Les Dawson's toothless mother in law.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Vinny